shampooing carpets

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shampooing carpets

whats the best method to take in shampooing carpets... my supercrew with the tan interior and leather has some massive stains underneath the drivers seat in the back area and in the front passenger's foot area. it looks like a large coke or something was spilled along time ago, b/c i have had the truck over a year and ive never spilled anything in it so im guessing its a few years old. i tried using that blue coral upholstery cleaner on it, the foaming kind, and it helped on some of the smaller spots and stains around the truck. It was kind of useless on the dark large stains, although i did keep soaking up large amounts of brownish stuff out of the carpets as i rubbed the areas that i treated with a rag. Do detailing shops do full shampooing? and is it done by hand or with a machine? i know the carpet cleaners that do homes use steam cleaners and they can work wonders but ive never heard of that being done on a vehicle before.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:49 AM
A good local detailer will most likely use a carpet extractor...some things you can do yourself would be to try folex..it works great...but if the stain has set that long i think a carpet extractor would be the best/maybe only option you have of getting it out...call around for detailers and ask their methods..i got 10:1 odds say they use an extractor if they are reputable

Old 12-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Call around and find a place that uses an actual carpet extractor. You just can't clean carpet by hand and get the results you would with a hot water extractor and the right chemicals.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:03 PM
I would agree here. It may be worth your while to try something like Quik-Out, but it sounds like this may be too hard to get out.

One piece of advice for you I have is that you should (after you get it all cleaned up) spray down your interior with Scotch-Guard to prevent this from posing such a threat in the future.

Quick Reply: shampooing carpets