Anitfreeze got on my paint...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anitfreeze got on my paint...

...should I be worried or do anything?

Luckily it was mixed with water but at the same time it was brown and nasty so it must have had rust in it. You can thank the guys at Advanced for this one. I assume while they were working on the car next to me something broke resulting in the radiator shooting water and anitfreeze all over the rid side of my truck. I did manage to wipe it off shortly after it happened (withen five minutes) since I wasn't in the store long at all and for some odd reason I had a MF towel on my back seat.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by LovetheTide

Luckily it was mixed with water but at the same time it was brown and nasty so it must have had rust in it. You can thank the guys at Advanced for this one. I assume while they were working on the car next to me something broke resulting in the radiator shooting water and anitfreeze all over the rid side of my truck. I did manage to wipe it off shortly after it happened (withen five minutes) since I wasn't in the store long at all and for some odd reason I had a MF towel on my back seat.
same thing happened to my dad's truck.....his neighbor soaked my dad's truck with antifreeze and didn't tell him....about 2 hours later after it had dried, my dad found out...took it to the car wash and gave it a good washing....called the manufacturer to see if there were any possible damages to the paint/clearcoat....no problem....that was 8 years ago...still looks like new...breath easy.....

Old 12-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by LovetheTide

Old 12-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I would give it a good wash to remove any residue.

Quick Reply: Anitfreeze got on my paint...