Going to buy a DA

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to buy a DA

Alright, after reading A LOT of information in this forum I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a DA polisher kit from auto detailing solutions.

Now to the point: I want to get the swirl marks out of my paint, but don't know what products to use with a DA. I'm currently using Megs Deep Crystal system and was thinking about getting some of Megs professional line of products but dont know much about them...What do you guys recommend for my situation?

Old 01-02-2008, 04:03 PM
#80,#9, #7 should take care of any swirls and make your truck look amazing. Of course, you'll need to wax after you do these steps.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
#80,#9, #7 should take care of any swirls and make your truck look amazing. Of course, you'll need to wax after you do these steps.
My vote is Poorboys....!!!!! Megs is good to...

PB: (quick set up)
SSR1
Polish with Sealer (PwS)
Natty's Blue or white, Red if you can get it.

Ah don't forget these:
Wash Bucket, Rinse Bucket
2 Grit Guards
Lots of MF
Clay bar, Megs Blue or Gray Clay Magic
Megs QD, #34 is good
Pads for DA, Lake VC's are good, and 6" backing plate.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
So is that the order to use them? For wax I was planning on NXT followed by a coat of carnauba.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MOford21
Alright, after reading A LOT of information in this forum I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a DA polisher kit from auto detailing solutions.

Now to the point: I want to get the swirl marks out of my paint, but don't know what products to use with a DA. I'm currently using Megs Deep Crystal system and was thinking about getting some of Megs professional line of products but dont know much about them...What do you guys recommend for my situation?
There are a boat load of good products out there and rather than split hairs over which is the best or which I prefer, I'd encourage you to search here and a few other detailing sites (like Autopia, detailcity, and others) to determine what may suit you best.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

3M makes an excellent hand glaze that is specifically for cleaning the paint and eliminating swirl marks. Can be found at any autobody paint supplier and Pep Boys even carries it sometimes.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:06 PM
There are a lot of good mid-range polishes that will work well with at PC. The main thing is to focus on the process.

I looked all over and found a couple of good videos to review. While I don't agree with everything in the videos, they are pretty decent.

Anyhow, here's the link. Scroll all the way down to the three red ovals and click to start the videos. Try and ignore all the ads and product promos, as it's the process that's important.

http://www.autogeek.net/dual-action-polisher.html

Trending Topics

Old 01-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429
There are a lot of good mid-range polishes that will work well with at PC. The main thing is to focus on the process.

I looked all over and found a couple of good videos to review. While I don't agree with everything in the videos, they are pretty decent.

Anyhow, here's the link. Scroll all the way down to the three red ovals and click to start the videos. Try and ignore all the ads and product promos, as it's the process that's important.

http://www.autogeek.net/dual-action-polisher.html
Good post, i've watched those before, good stuff.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Suspended
Basically the best investment you can make for your vehicles !!

Old 01-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Da

http://guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=47

Take a look at the above some good stuff and Rick will change his packs for you if you do not need some of the products you can sub other items. Good guy and he will get you answers to ?? if needed.

good luck

Old 01-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by beechkid
3M makes an excellent hand glaze that is specifically for cleaning the paint and eliminating swirl marks. Can be found at any autobody paint supplier and Pep Boys even carries it sometimes.
and you arent going to tell us which one???

I dont remember the name of the product from them I used on a friends car, but I HATED it, so since then, I have stayed away...

Old 01-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks guys for all the help, I've been watching several "how to" videos lately and I think I can handle it. I settled on Rick's #2 package, with some #80, #9, and # 7. One question though- what Lake Country pads will be best for swirl removal? I was thinking green for the #80 and #9, then white for #7...will this work?

Again guys, i really appreciate the info.

Edit- I'm also getting some blue painters tape, a grit guard, and a microfiber Water Magnet. Anything else I need?

Last edited by MOford21; 01-03-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys for all the help, I've been watching several "how to" videos lately and I think I can handle it. I settled on Rick's #2 package, with some #80, #9, and # 7. One question though- what Lake Country pads will be best for swirl removal? I was thinking green for the #80 and #9, then white for #7...will this work?

Again guys, i really appreciate the info.
Sounds good on the pads....I have them all...nice to have, I use them all too.
Not the orange so much though.
JP

Old 01-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
FYI... if you bought kit #2, you've got a few Meg's pads coming too (unless you substituted). While most consider the LC pads a tad nicer, the Meg's pads aren't shabby.

I've used both.. in all honesty, I can tell little to no difference between the two...

Old 01-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks for all the input guys, I finally got it all ordered and I'll be sure to post a few before and after pics when I get a chance to go at my truck. I wish I would have ordered a while ago, it's supposed to be in the mid 60's here saturday.

Quick Reply: Going to buy a DA