Ok Guys... Back to School I go... Need a couple tips!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Guys... Back to School I go... Need a couple tips!

I am going back to school this weekend... and my truck will be out in the elements for awhile with out a bath... ( I am going to try to take it atleast once every 2 or 3 weeks)...

But I want to get one good wash and wax in prior to going...

So I am going to do my normal wash... Which wax should I use?? Should I just do 7, 21 , 26... will that give me the hardest protective "shell" I can get... or something else??? What would give me the hardest shell of protection is what my question is...

Also I am going to pack a little suit case of car wash, a bucket, a grit gaurd, and all my essential wash products, and some Aerospace protectant for the interior to do when I wash her...Will That new ultimate quick detailer give me any protection against the elements? I dont want to spend an hour waxing my truck at the quarter wash....

Thanks in Advance guys!

Old 01-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by SuperLB51
I am going back to school this weekend... and my truck will be out in the elements for awhile with out a bath... ( I am going to try to take it atleast once every 2 or 3 weeks)...

But I want to get one good wash and wax in prior to going...

So I am going to do my normal wash... Which wax should I use?? Should I just do 7, 21 , 26... will that give me the hardest protective "shell" I can get... or something else??? What would give me the hardest shell of protection is what my question is...

Also I am going to pack a little suit case of car wash, a bucket, a grit gaurd, and all my essential wash products, and some Aerospace protectant for the interior to do when I wash her...Will That new ultimate quick detailer give me any protection against the elements? I dont want to spend an hour waxing my truck at the quarter wash....

Thanks in Advance guys!
READ THE STICKY.... and don't skip classes

Old 01-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperLB51
The long and short of it is that a full synthetic product will yield a longer lasting level of protection.

Remember, waxing is one thing, proper preparation for waxing is another... Anyone can smack a coat of NXT or SynWax or #21 or any other synthetic product on the vehicle and make it shine. Going the extra distance for proper paint prep is what sets a vehicle apart from the rest -- but, from the sounds of it, you may not be looking for that but rather for simple protection as it'll be out in it for an extended peroid of time.

7/21/26 isn't a bad set (again though, remember the prep!). I'd go with multiple #21 coats.

Thanks in Advance guys!
UQD will yield a slight level of protection but, DO NOT depend on it like a wax. In all honesty, it beads water quite well from what I've seen thus far with minimal 'tinkering' with it.

Any other questions, just ask. It wasn't that long ago when I was trying to keep my vehicle looking sharp while in college. Of course, a Geo Prizm is kind of a chore to make look 'impressive'.

-RP-

Old 01-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Haha thanks Rock... I just recently (4 weeks or so ago) clayed and did all of the jazz... the paint doesnt feel like it needs clayed....

I will go with YOUR reccommandation and do multiple #21 coats... Thanks RP!

Old 01-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Clay is easy... I was talking about the paint defect removal part that is really the 'preparation' part of significant time (ie: swirl/scratch removal).

But, like you said, maybe you're in good shape there... I can't see the paint.

G'luck to ya! Study hard and enjoy your time there. There isn't a day that goes by that some kind of 'college memory' doesn't pop back into my head and I wish like heck that I was 22 again... The ladies... the parties... the friends... the atmosphere.... the ladies... the ladies... the ladies...

See, there I go again.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
G'luck to ya! Study hard and enjoy your time there. There isn't a day that goes by that some kind of 'college memory' doesn't pop back into my head and I wish like heck that I was 22 again... The ladies... the parties... the friends... the atmosphere.... the ladies... the ladies... the ladies...
I can't say DITTO! enough!

Quick Reply: Ok Guys... Back to School I go... Need a couple tips!