Hyper-Dressing

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Aye, aye, Captain Baldy!!!
That reminds me, I gotta shave tonight.

What are you doing this weekend by chance you want to work on a truck with me?

Old 01-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the response Rolling Rock, and congrats on the baby. I just received my G100 kit with W9000 buffing pad and W8006 soft buff pad. I cant wait to detail my truck now that my whole kit is complete! I got a little news that I might be moving out to the LA/ Burbank area in the next couple months. Hopefully I wont have to sell my truck. Not for sure yet but if you Cali guys see my Black STX with Illinois plates, holla back. haha

Old 01-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Answer 1. It lasts as long as it lasts....vague answer b/c it depends like every product. Climate, condition, rain, mud, how you use your truck etc. Hyperdressing on an engine should look good for months pending you are not driving in the rain every day. And when it's clean, you can apply more if needed. Hyperdressing is a unique product that can be used in many ways. I have seen it actually work as a cleaner and dressing . For instance, if the frame and undercarriage have a little dust and dirt, it somehow magically makes it look not dirty. (disclaimer: your results may vary due to differences in definition of dust and dirty and vision issues that you may or may not have)

Answer 2. You apply with a chemical resistant spray bottle and head. Mix it up in the ratio you like and spray away.

PS Answer: ummmkay
While I hate to pee on a baldy parade... hahahahaha...

Just a quick comment or two...

I disagree that HD can be a 'cleaner' but, I will agree that it works well as a concealer. I use it on my undercarriage frequently and it hides even the ugliest grey color caused by overspray from the road and such...

No need for a chem. resistant spray head or bottle... you'll typically only need that type of spray head for some of the uglier products (degreasers and such). Some of the components of the more 'aggressive' products out there will actually have chemicals in the mix that can degrade (or discolor) certain plastics; hence the reason for the grey chem-R spray head.

Hyper Dressing, in my opinion, is just about one of the best products out there. I've been raving about it for years (and have swayed several to rave as well - read: rollingrock - HAHAHA!). It's really a versatile product. While the concept of water-based dressings isn't new, the concept of a dilution to your specific 'shine level' kind of is... PRO Products had a similar product at one point in time (then again, PRO makes about 239 different dressings) but, Hyper Dressing is a MUCH better product IMO.

-RP-

Old 01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Decided to show off my setup:

Old 01-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by 05'ThumpinSTX
Decided to show off my setup:

SWEEEEEEEET

Free tip that PB Trim Restorer...you are going to love it and the smell of Coconut oil reminds me of when I was a kid hanging out at the swimming pool at the country club and all the woman used tanning oil and they all seemed to smell the same...whoops I am ranting.

Anywhooo...about that stuff. Here is what I do. I cut up an old foam applicator (about 1"X1") and put TR on it. Then apply it to the areas where it needs to go, this way I can control the contact better etc. After you get it on there, allow it to sit. Then take a dry old MF and wipe it dry. The products claims that it won't run but if you put too much on, it will. So make sure it is dry, dry dry after using. And you can use muti coats if needed.

Congrats on the purchase...you'll have some fun.

And Rock:
I disagree that HD can be a 'cleaner' but, I will agree that it works well as a concealer.
That's what I meant.
See
(disclaimer: your results may vary due to differences in definition of dust and dirty and vision issues that you may or may not have)
And:
No need for a chem. resistant spray head
I like they way they mist.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Any specific reason to go with the NXT 1.0 instead of the 2.0? Just curious. Unless I just can't see the 2.0 on the box.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:41 PM
J_G_G, RR, or RP - how are you applying the simple green or similar cleaner to the engine bay? Im getting ready to order my hyperdressing tonight, and I already have my simple green concentrate but I need to know the easiest (quickest) way to apply the simple green to the area. Thanks,

Old 01-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Moderator &

Just a simple spray bottle. I really like the 'ZEP' spray bottles/spray heads that you can pick up at Home Depot for degreasers.

Also, I had to snub that 'for sale' item in your signature... please use the classifieds. Thanks!

Old 01-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
Any specific reason to go with the NXT 1.0 instead of the 2.0? Just curious. Unless I just can't see the 2.0 on the box.
I bought the NXT about a month ago. NXT 2.0 wasnt out yet. Im still learning, and this is a HUGE improvement over my previous detail which consisted of: Vacume, wipe down with armor all wipes, and a coat of Once a year car wax. Which was fall of 06'

Old 01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
so you guys think 4-1 simple green would take care of this mess i have here(this was a year ago so its alot dirtier now)

Old 01-10-2008, 09:55 PM
my apologies RP... i didnt realize that for sale thing in my sig was against the rules, guessing i missed that part in the rules and i had seen it done several times so i just assumed.. my fault... on a lighter note, what do i need to cover or bag when i get ready to simple green my engine bay..and what dilution ratio should i use?

Old 01-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
so you guys think 4-1 simple green would take care of this mess i have here(this was a year ago so its alot dirtier now)

No. you need Megs APC+ (4:1) or 303 Cleaner (1:1)for this. Cover your Airfilter and go to town...let it work down...gently rinse off.

Let dry completely and see the results, then you could use SG. Then Hyperdressing.

That is just my opinion.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
I've used SG on engines like that in farm trucks. Won't be as fast as APC+ or 303 but it'll get the job done. Several might want to smack me but in your case I'd use the SG straight up on that engine.

Like RR said bag that filter. For my own I only bag my air filter, computer, and the audio systems fuse block that sits on the battery.

Originally Posted by south_ms_sprcru
J_G_G, RR, or RP - how are you applying the simple green or similar cleaner to the engine bay? Im getting ready to order my hyperdressing tonight, and I already have my simple green concentrate but I need to know the easiest (quickest) way to apply the simple green to the area. Thanks,
I bought a bag of 6 big spray bottles 3 spray and 3 foaming at Sam's a while back. They have worked much better than I had expected.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by south_ms_sprcru
my apologies RP...
No problemo, bud.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:56 AM
yeah i know to cover my filter

the reason behind me never cleaning the engine is because on my 00 f150 i got a cop wet which was not fun having to pull out and dry and switch plugs