Pinnacle Souverign - The review

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Don't you need to be studying right now?
No, but I could go for a Rolling Rock. School doesn't start back up til next week. So, I get to work this week and make some extra dough. Let me know how your test goes, I'm off to bed. I've got a 5:30am date with the alarm clock.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Not sure if that made sense but I swear I looked this up but I also could have dreamed it. I've been known to do that from time to time.
Jagerbombs.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Jagerbombs.
F-in skanks.....

Old 01-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It really boils down to the surface tension that is created between the surface of the water droplet and the paint (ie: where the two are touching). A lot of variables can influence into that equation but, that said, you're correct in that the amount of carnauba (and/or several other chemicals and even the water quality) will influence the surface tension.

The Meg's chemist that came in and talked with during one of our training session boasted that they could get water to sheet or bead depending on what kind of charge was applied to the individual molecules of whatever they were working with...

Remember, because water isn't beading may or may not indicate that your protection is gone... some LSPs boast the 'sheeting action' as part of their protection.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
It really boils down to the surface tension that is created between the surface of the water droplet and the paint (ie: where the two are touching). A lot of variables can influence into that equation but, that said, you're correct in that the amount of carnauba (and/or several other chemicals and even the water quality) will influence the surface tension.

The Meg's chemist that came in and talked with during one of our training session boasted that they could get water to sheet or bead depending on what kind of charge was applied to the individual molecules of whatever they were working with...

Remember, because water isn't beading may or may not indicate that your protection is gone... some LSPs boast the 'sheeting action' as part of their protection.
smartypants.....

Old 01-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Bottom line on Souveran...

Looks beautiful, but not for long. The best advise I can give is to use Souveran Spray Wax after every wash to maintain the look.

If you do nothing to the paint after each wash, the look will deteriorate after after two washes, and will be gone after three or four washes... depending on a lot of variables.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Suspended
F-in skanks.....
Not now Cheif, I'm in the f-in zone !!

Quick Reply: Pinnacle Souverign - The review