Pinnacle Souverign - The review

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinnacle Souverign - The review

So last night I finally got around to using my new Pinnacle Souverign. Process was wash using Meg's Gold Class, then wax by hand, knowing that it was going to rain today. :o The results? I'm fairly impressed. Application was easy, exactly like a polish. I used the supplied foam applicator to buff it on, then wiped off immediately using the (again) supplied MF towel. Made the paint feel SUPER slick. It felt similar to a really good teflon coated pan. The wax itself seemed to have lots of fillers in it, covering up some micro-marring in my paint. It also gave my truck a very rich and wet look, I loved it. Yes, it rained last night. Came out in the morning and I could hardly tell that my truck had been rained on. Then I had to drive to work, so now the truck is covered in road grime. I plan on washing the truck again later this week while it is still 70*, then waxing again. Pics will come next time, I wasn't done til dark.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Seem to see this on youtube videos and such quite a bit. Wondered how it measured up to Meg's Mirror Glaze line.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
Seem to see this on youtube videos and such quite a bit. Wondered how it measured up to Meg's Mirror Glaze line.
Made my truck look just like it did when I #80, #7, and #26'd it. Of course, that was only at Thanksgiving, so not too long ago.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Keep us posted on the durability, Z. I'd be interested to hear your observations over the next month - maybe two.

While I've heard some SWEAR by PS, I've heard others say that they were a tad disappointed by the durability.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Keep us posted on the durability, Z. I'd be interested to hear your observations over the next month - maybe two.

While I've heard some SWEAR by PS, I've heard others say that they were a tad disappointed by the durability.
Will do. I am planning on doing the recommended second coat within one month of the first application, so we'll see. Maybe this week if the weather clears up.

Observation #1. Water beads are TINY with this wax. Remember the pic that guy posted of the $1,000 wax when he sprayed water on his car? It looks almost like that. Like nothing I've ever seen using Meg's products, not to say that theirs don't bead up enough.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Will do. I am planning on doing the recommended second coat within one month of the first application, so we'll see. Maybe this week if the weather clears up.

Observation #1. Water beads are TINY with this wax. Remember the pic that guy posted of the $1,000 wax when he sprayed water on his car? It looks almost like that. Like nothing I've ever seen using Meg's products, not to say that theirs don't bead up enough.
I am interested to know more about the "filling" property of this wax. You said you had some micro marring that it covered? More details? Spill it Zack.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I am interested to know more about the "filling" property of this wax. You said you had some micro marring that it covered? More details? Spill it Zack.
Remember that picture of mine that you pointed out the minor micro-marring from? Its gone, as far as I could tell. Gave it a good looking over in the sun today, didn't see any obvious spots, although the lower panels were a bit dirty from the drive to work this morning.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Remember that picture of mine that you pointed out the minor micro-marring from? Its gone, as far as I could tell. Gave it a good looking over in the sun today, didn't see any obvious spots, although the lower panels were a bit dirty from the drive to work this morning.
Interesting.

I am going to give Poorboys QW+ another shot tomorrow in a "test" area on my truck. I will post a before and after direct sun shot.

My problem with my past experince with PB QW+ was that I did induce product build up but I also think that was user error. It happens, I am no RockPick you know.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Ok, JP, remember in this pic how you pointed out the micro-marring on my C pillar?

Now look...

The truck hasn't been waxed at all since then, only a few (infrequent) washings.

Tiny water beads:

Notice/disclaimer: I didn't spend more than 30 seconds taking these pics, as I didn't want to get rained on. Also, I was *kinda* in a hurry when I was waxing the truck, so I'm sure others results could be better. Also #2, the truck has been driven 70 miles since the waxing, and it rained less than 8 hours after being waxed. Truck is parked outside, if you couldn't tell.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Moderator &

...and thank god for that. I'm not sure the world could handle two of me.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Moderator &

I don't put a lot of stock into water beadlet size... but, that's just me. While I have seen different waxes bead with different characteristics, I don't think that it's necessarily a 'signature' of the product performing better or worse... and that includes the bajillion dollar Zymol.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=Zaairman]Ok, JP, remember in this pic how you pointed out the micro-marring on my C pillar?

dude that is great beading....yes I remember that shot, you can see the marring on the C pillar...but I would have to see the same shot in the same light to see what the new wax did, however, those beads are awesome.

...and thank god for that. I'm not sure the world could handle two of me.
Too late.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
dude that is great beading....yes I remember that shot, you can see the marring on the C pillar...but I would have to see the same shot in the same light to see what the new wax did, however, those beads are awesome.
I *could* get it in the same light, but I'd have to go out, turn the truck around, then turn the lights on, then take the pics. Then have to deal with my father asking my truck has been idling for 10 mins and I'm taking a &#*$ing picture at this time of night. Nah, I'll pass...

Old 01-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I don't put a lot of stock into water beadlet size... but, that's just me. While I have seen different waxes bead with different characteristics, I don't think that it's necessarily a 'signature' of the product performing better or worse... and that includes the bajillion dollar Zymol.
Are you talking about that stuff that comes in the crystal box like thing.....do you remember that water beads on that stuff from that thread. It looked like mist on the paint.

I am no "RockPick" (LOL) but I do recall doing a little research and finding that the size of the beads was a direct derivative of the amount of Carnuba in the wax and thus the protection that it can provide by not allowing anything to penetrate through the protective layer.

As a wax wears or degrades, it's ability to repeal water and other things also diminishes and thus the water droplets become larger.

Not sure if that made sense but I swear I looked this up but I also could have dreamed it. I've been known to do that from time to time.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:11 PM
I *could* get it in the same light, but I'd have to go out, turn the truck around, then turn the lights on, then take the pics. Then have to deal with my father asking my truck has been idling for 10 mins and I'm taking a &#*$ing picture at this time of night. Nah, I'll pass...
I'm good. I will do my own test in a "controlled" setting tomorrow.

Don't you need to be studying right now?

Quick Reply: Pinnacle Souverign - The review