professional detailing

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
professional detailing

Ok... i realize maybe i need to have my truck professionally buffed to get it to the level i want, then i'll keep it up, or at least try. I have a lot of scratches.. not deep... just like light scrapes. Where can I find a professional detailer? Like how do i know who is creditable and can do what i want. Where i'm from there are a lot of fly by night retailers.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarman502
Ok... i realize maybe i need to have my truck professionally buffed to get it to the level i want, then i'll keep it up, or at least try. I have a lot of scratches.. not deep... just like light scrapes. Where can I find a professional detailer? Like how do i know who is creditable and can do what i want. Where i'm from there are a lot of fly by night retailers.
I checked your photos out, looks like you have done a fine job to date....have you done it?

I think there are some other OCD Detailing members here from your area, if not, find a couple and we can help you check them out.

There are many ways to skin a cat, most detailer have their own techniques, products they like and systems that work for them based on condition of the surface, time and money. Lots and lots of variables.

Another suggestion is to ask around some good body shops and see what they think.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my thing is... it looks great when its like evening time.. but bright sunshine the scratches definitly come out. I was going to check out body shops to see if a wetsand / reclearcoat was an option.. but i'm not so sure its to that point yet. I will definitly try to get pictures up within a day or two so maybe everyone can look and throw in their input. Ya know... i was happy with just washing it every other day and the occasional coat of wax (two times a year)... now after seeing everyone on here's vehicle... i just want more out of my paint!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by guitarman502
my thing is... it looks great when its like evening time.. but bright sunshine the scratches definitly come out. I was going to check out body shops to see if a wetsand / reclearcoat was an option.. but i'm not so sure its to that point yet. I will definitly try to get pictures up within a day or two so maybe everyone can look and throw in their input. Ya know... i was happy with just washing it every other day and the occasional coat of wax (two times a year)... now after seeing everyone on here's vehicle... i just want more out of my paint!
Don't push that emergency brake just yet. Lets see you photos under direct sunlight or under florescent lighting or shop ligts.

DO NOT THINK ABOUT WETSANDING at this point. The main thing you will here echoed here time after time, is "least aggressive approach first".

There are MANY ways to handle your issues and Wetsanding isn't the first thing we turn to.

Your 04 cannot be too bad. Lets see the photos

Old 01-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Generally wet sanding factory CC isn't the best idea regardless.

Quick Reply: professional detailing