RollingRock, You Suck...well kinda

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RollingRock, You Suck...well kinda

Since trading post with you last week I noticed how clean your KR and 5vr looked in the photo's. So I did go out yesterday and wash the streaks of the camper but I do need to wash the roof and awnings good.
Now my truck is a different story. I put a well in when I had my house built just for the lawn and playing with outside. Eventually I hooked it up to my outside faucets. After a few years I figured out it must be hard water as the road in front of the house is stained now. Unforetunetly, so is my 05. It has awful spots on the horizontal areas and has now even started spotting on the sides and windows. I used to dry it off or at least take the yard blower to it or take it for a quick spin.
Any chance of you coming to camp in my yard and detail my truck?
Hunting and farming out of it hasn't helped either. Quite a few scratches down the sides from limbs. I just don't get the urge to spend all day cleaning trucks like I used to. What do you suggest for the spots. I've tried many folklore tricks, but nothing works. I would at least like to get the windows clear again. I used some 0000 steel wool and polish on my son's old F150 and that works, however, the window shows scratches in direct light and headlights now...he's not to happy with me!
Used to after about 3 or 4 years, I'd just go buy a new truck, problem solved.
Can't do that now, gotta keep this one for awhile....

Help JP!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Well i just recently bought some Bar Keepers Friend at walmart (was less than $2) and took a glass towel and got it damp and applied a little but of the BKF to the windows. Mine were spotted and regular glass cleaning wouldnt take care of it, but this sure did the trick.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by harleyrider
Since trading post with you last week I noticed how clean your KR and 5vr looked in the photo's. So I did go out yesterday and wash the streaks of the camper but I do need to wash the roof and awnings good.
Now my truck is a different story. I put a well in when I had my house built just for the lawn and playing with outside. Eventually I hooked it up to my outside faucets. After a few years I figured out it must be hard water as the road in front of the house is stained now. Unforetunetly, so is my 05. It has awful spots on the horizontal areas and has now even started spotting on the sides and windows. I used to dry it off or at least take the yard blower to it or take it for a quick spin.
Any chance of you coming to camp in my yard and detail my truck?
Hunting and farming out of it hasn't helped either. Quite a few scratches down the sides from limbs. I just don't get the urge to spend all day cleaning trucks like I used to. What do you suggest for the spots. I've tried many folklore tricks, but nothing works. I would at least like to get the windows clear again. I used some 0000 steel wool and polish on my son's old F150 and that works, however, the window shows scratches in direct light and headlights now...he's not to happy with me!
Used to after about 3 or 4 years, I'd just go buy a new truck, problem solved.
Can't do that now, gotta keep this one for awhile....

Help JP!
My truck is dirty in those photos too....sorry.

I try and keep my toys looking good, I keep 2 collapsible buckets in my 5er and some ONR along with a good supply of Megs RV Cleaner Wax, Poorboys Products, QD's and of course lots of MF near by. I pretty much wipe down the 5er everyday while camping (truck too). Even after a rain. (yes I know over the top)

Ok as for you situation, I think the steel wool is a BAD idea and since you said you can see the scratches in the glass, you will need to try and polish it out.

I would like to see some close ups of the problem areas on your paint.

For glass, I would try this. Clean window with Stoners Invisible Glass or Sprayway's glass cleaner or even Sprayway Crazycleaner. Then Clay the area and then get it dry. If you have a DA great if not, its ok too. I would polish the glass with Poorboys Professional Polish using a light, very light cut pad...a MF applicator pad will do just fine too. I would try that and see if that polishes out some of the scratches.

Lets get back to your 5er....what products are you using on it including the roof and awnings?

Old 01-09-2008, 02:00 PM
I only use a diluted solution of Simple green on the 5vr. I try and wash the roof twice a year. I like to find a cloudy day with light rain to do it. I'm to heavy for the roof, so I usually bribe my son to get on it and do the middle. I then go down each side. I use a soft long handle brush on the roof and side fiberglass. I also use the simple green on the awnings. My livng room slide awning will hold water since it's springs aren't strong enough to suport it while wet. Unless I close the slide, I always keep a 'ring' on the top top of it from standing water.
Bedroom slide is shorter and easier to dry off.
I have found myself doing a little waxing when I'm camping and always take it, but I'm getting to old for that crap....

Old 01-09-2008, 02:06 PM
I only use a diluted solution of Simple green on the 5vr. I try and wash the roof twice a year. I like to find a cloudy day with light rain to do it. I'm to heavy for the roof, so I usually bribe my son to get on it and do the middle. I then go down each side. I use a soft long handle brush on the roof and side fiberglass. I also use the simple green on the awnings. My livng room slide awning will hold water since it's springs aren't strong enough to suport it while wet. Unless I close the slide, I always keep a 'ring' on the top top of it from standing water.
Bedroom slide is shorter and easier to dry off.
I have found myself doing a little waxing when I'm camping and always take it, but I'm getting to old for that crap....
Prob one of the best products you can put on your gelcoat is Collinte 845. Keeps your rig from turning yellow.

For the roof, I only use the approved rubber roof cleaners they have at Campingworld etc. I would not use SG on the roof, it can break the rubber down and thus you know what happens after that.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Figures. no SC dealers. Send me some ole pal!

Old 01-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Figures. no SC dealers. Send me some ole pal!

Other dealers ship you know.

Call

Texas Mark Tyler
Richwood, TX
979-285-5635

Old 01-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Here is a thread I read on another forum. I have also posted the link to the company.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-believer.html

http://crspotless.com/index.php?category_id=6

Quick Reply: RollingRock, You Suck...well kinda