My DA finally came

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My DA finally came

Well today I became the proud owner of a DA polisher. Came with some MF towels, pads, NXT 2.0, NXT quick detailer, #80, #7, and I thought I ordered #9 but I got #2, I guess I'm losing my mind. Anyway, I was just wondering: should I try to find some #9 at Auto Zone or something, or just do a few passes of #80, and then move to # 7, and wax? Or is the #2 mild enough to not over-do anything? My truck only has swirls, no blemishes, etching, etc.

Anyway, I can't wait to use the thing! Too bad its going to be 30 degrees this weekend.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by MOford21
Well today I became the proud owner of a DA polisher. Came with some MF towels, pads, NXT 2.0, NXT quick detailer, #80, #7, and I thought I ordered #9 but I got #2, I guess I'm losing my mind. Anyway, I was just wondering: should I try to find some #9 at Auto Zone or something, or just do a few passes of #80, and then move to # 7, and wax? Or is the #2 mild enough to not over-do anything? My truck only has swirls, no blemishes, etching, etc.

Anyway, I can't wait to use the thing! Too bad its going to be 30 degrees this weekend.
Congrats on the purchase....I think you will be fine with a few passes with 80.

What pads did you get?

Old 01-10-2008, 04:43 PM
RR, I got the pads that came with the DA (Megs-2 polishing, and 1 finishing) and I also ordered a Lake Country green light cutting pad. Also I forgot in the first post, also got a premium chenille wash mitt, and a "Water Magnet", a big waffle weave drying cloth.

And I know, I know, the rule is to post pics of the first big detail.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:17 AM
One suggestion i might make is to make another order for some more pads...any correction will most likely take at least a green light cutting pad (im speaking of lakecountry here..check megs colors for light cutting pad)...you probably need to get some orange ones at least too...i would say get 4 orange and 2 green since you already have one..just my two cents but i have learned from experience...but as always the least aggressive method first and then move forward...i got some poorboys 2.5 comin in the mail be here tuesday then i try it out and if that doesnt get it, it will be on to SSR3..Rollingrock would be proud Good luck dude it will be fun to get out and try it

Quick Reply: My DA finally came