Meg's #7 hard to wipe off

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meg's #7 hard to wipe off

I just completed my first detail this weekend and had a question for you guys about #7. After washing and claying my truck, I applied #7 with the DA and the Meg's W9006 pad. However, when I wiped off the #7 it was difficult to remove. At first I know I probably let it get a little too dry but after that I wiped off while it was still wet and still found it difficult to remove. Do any of you guys with #7 experience have any tips or is this normal? Thanks in advance.

By the way, I'll post some pics of the detail later on.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Not supposed to let #7 dry anymore than you have to. But you said you started watching that. It can still be a little hard to get all the way off. I havn't had too much trouble with it myself. Might make sure you're getting it on nice and thin also. Also was the paint good and cool? I've had problems before when the paint was too warm.

Last edited by Jolly_Green_Giant; 01-14-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:50 PM
One trick for those who find it difficult to remove is to "break" the surface with one side of the MF towel, then flip over and wipe the rest off. Work it in real good, but quickly, then remove.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by FlyerFX4
I just completed my first detail this weekend and had a question for you guys about #7. After washing and claying my truck, I applied #7 with the DA and the Meg's W9006 pad. However, when I wiped off the #7 it was difficult to remove. At first I know I probably let it get a little too dry but after that I wiped off while it was still wet and still found it difficult to remove. Do any of you guys with #7 experience have any tips or is this normal? Thanks in advance.

By the way, I'll post some pics of the detail later on.
Just my experince here, but I had the same problem with #7 but it was user error on my part. TOO MUCH PRODUCT on the pad.

Agree with JGG, don't let it dry...just use a little. By little I mean 3 little blobs on the pad per section.

You're lucky I saw your other post with photos....could have resulted in a Coup.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
#7 can be tricky...

Only let it dry until it has a very light wet cut to it... until it gets gummy. At that point, remove it.

Another HUGE key is THIN THIN THIN THIN THIN!

Old 01-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like I was probably using too much product on each section. I'll scale it back next time.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyerFX4
Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like I was probably using too much product on each section. I'll scale it back next time.
Been there, done that...

#7, when applied too thick, can be HELLISH. I've been there.

It's a fantastic pure polish (especially on dark paint - blacks & reds excel with #7) but, if you use it too thick, you'll hate yourself for it.

Go thin!

Quick Reply: Meg's #7 hard to wipe off