Some questions for you rolling rock

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some questions for you rolling rock

After we talked yesterday I dropped the truck off for paint and they are marking off the areas and not blending the doors. Thanks again on that btw. I am picking up the truck on Friday and then heading back to Dallas. My question to you is. Do you think that scratch x will take out the majority of my custom pinstriping on the right side? I was thoroughly impressed with how it took them out on that one panel. I was going to make an attempt at cleaning up as many of the scratches as I can this weekend so the only thing we will have to tackle when I get back is the paint swirls and what not. What do you recomend? I do have a buffer as well but nothing high tech like what you've got. Also what was the solution you were talking about that would bring my bed caps back to life?
Thanks man

Old 01-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jwool15
After we talked yesterday I dropped the truck off for paint and they are marking off the areas and not blending the doors. Thanks again on that btw. I am picking up the truck on Friday and then heading back to Dallas. My question to you is. Do you think that scratch x will take out the majority of my custom pinstriping on the right side? I was thoroughly impressed with how it took them out on that one panel. I was going to make an attempt at cleaning up as many of the scratches as I can this weekend so the only thing we will have to tackle when I get back is the paint swirls and what not. What do you recomend? I do have a buffer as well but nothing high tech like what you've got. Also what was the solution you were talking about that would bring my bed caps back to life?
Thanks man
Do you think that scratch x will take out the majority of my custom pinstriping
3 part answer:
1. Yes, ScratchX will make those marks look better b/c it also has some concealing properties in it.
2. The deeper stuff will look "better" but it won't get it all out
3. The issue using SX on that isolated mark, as long as it is, will also show a "clean line" if you will. What I mean by that is, if you don't polish the entire door and only SX on that mark, you will clearly see a line down that door where you used SX. Does that make sense?

Also what was the solution you were talking about that would bring my bed caps back to life?
Hypresessing would be my first thought on it however, using PB Trim Restorer and about an hour will prob do better.

The proper way to apply PB TR is to apply one coat to the trim and allow to air dry. Then buff with MF and apply a second application, allow that to dry and then re buff with MF, then apply 1 last coat....same, allow to dry and buff dry. it will take about 20 min for the product to dry each time.

We are on the fence about going camping this weekend. If if I we didn't go, I would be hesitant to touch the paint even though the rockers are getting painted....you could get real close to the rockers with a DA but with totally fresh paint and clear, I would hate for it dip down into that new paint. Better safe than sorry.

Let me know how it looks when you pick it up.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:02 PM
alright man just let me know what you decide. I'd really like to get it done this weekend and I can totally understand your precautions because I def dont want to mess up the fresh paint. I'll swing it by the house and let you take a look at it and maybe we can get something accomplished.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:03 PM
heres the wheels i'm looking at too if you're interested http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ue&SnipID=3010

Old 01-29-2008, 08:06 PM
heres the wheels i'm looking at too if you're interested http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ue&SnipID=3010

Those are nice. Must be nice to have all that money at your age....

Old 01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey RR another thought.. What if we taped everything off real good? And then maybe layed some paper down there too to be extra safe?

Old 01-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Hey RR another thought.. What if we taped everything off real good? And then maybe layed some paper down there too to be extra safe?
A DA and Tape would be two things I wouldn't want on fresh paint. Good thought though.

Last edited by RollingRock; 01-29-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Im talking a few inches above the line not right exactly on it

Quick Reply: Some questions for you rolling rock