A new life

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
I already said it looked pretty good... definitely better.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:04 PM
correct rp,,,,that has no clear it is a single stage, i would guess that is about a 20 year old or older car. that is about the time most cars went to base clear finishing.

it looks good, but the bad thing that can happen with the single stages (cars with no clear) when they die they are dead. when they chalk up they can be kick started again for a while, but will quickly die again when left out to air and sun.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by troberts6874
correct rp,,,,that has no clear it is a single stage, i would guess that is about a 20 year old or older car. that is about the time most cars went to base clear finishing.

it looks good, but the bad thing that can happen with the single stages (cars with no clear) when they die they are dead. when they chalk up they can be kick started again for a while, but will quickly die again when left out to air and sun.
It is an 80s era, so your guess is correct. It is well protected now and will remain so as long as I'm around to keep an eye on it. My dollar is up as soon as he's ready to sell it. Call it an investment if you will.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:12 PM
yes you can keep it look good and bright, but what you see on your pads is dead paint. a few more waxings and you will start to see metal. thats just the way it is. its a soft single stage paint. it does look much brighter that it did when you started.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by troberts6874
yes you can keep it look good and bright, but what you see on your pads is dead paint. a few more waxings and you will start to see metal. thats just the way it is. its a soft single stage paint. it does look much brighter that it did when you started.
It'll get resprayed before I buy it. I've already had that chat with my mom after doing this job.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Clean Pads

Thats after 24 hours in Murphy's, rinse and repeat. Think I may hit the white one again. I'm very pleased with those results!

Quick Reply: A new life