tire shine

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tire shine

just thought i'd let yall know about this tire shine i just bought. there was a guy at the houston auto show doing a demo and i was hooked. ive already put it on my tires and its amazing. it doesn fling off like the old stuff i was using. anyways just thought i share my find. heres the sitehttp://supershinedetail.com/lookswet.html

Old 02-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I read a ditty about that stuff about a year ago, I think. The review - to my recollection - stated that it was pretty sticky stuff and sucked up the road dust/grime.

Let us know what you think about it...

Old 02-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Suspended
Hyperdressing.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:16 PM
well so far ive had it on for 3 days and it hasnt sucked up any road grime. the little bit of dirt thats on there wipes right off. i really like it. i drove through some water yesterday and it stayed on just fine

Old 02-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good deal! Good report. I'm not much on many aresol products (although, Stoner's makes some decent stuff) but, maybe you've found a good one...

RP

Old 02-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Good deal! Good report. I'm not much on many aresol products (although, Stoner's makes some decent stuff) but, maybe you've found a good one...

RP
I too like a lot of Stoners' products but their tire shine never quite did it for me.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:42 AM
FTR, I started using Meguiar's® All Season Dressing about a month back, grabbed some off a neighbor who initially recommended it to me - after reading THIS thread - and have been very impressed thus far. May have found a winner...

I tired Meguiar’s® Hot Shine™ Tire Gel in the past but didn't like the finish. A little to "blingy" for my taste and the "slinging" didn't impress me.

Isn't Meguiar's® Hyper-Dressing water-based? Poor longevity, correct?

Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
Isn't Meguiar's® Hyper-Dressing water-based? Poor longevity, correct?
Mine is holding up quite well. Even after several washes and a few decent rains the tires remain very black. They aren't as shiny as they were when first applying, but are holding up very well. They seem to keep dust off better than anything else I've tried as well.

Thanks again to JP for turning me onto this stuff.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:30 AM
I think I've tried just about all of the Tire Gels available, and have yet to find one that I'm really, really, really like. Of all of them, I prefer Detailers Pride Tire Gel.

In the end, I always find myself going back to Zaino Z-16 Tire Gloss. It is a little expensive, but with all the money I spend trying other stuff, I'm better off just sticking with the Zaino Tire Gloss. Plus, it doesn't sling, and doesn't attract dirt... and I like the look.

Quick Reply: tire shine