Flex XC3401VRG

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flex XC3401VRG

has anyone hear or own a Flex XC3401VRG what is your take on it, good, bad or the best out there.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by rafsue
has anyone hear or own a Flex XC3401VRG what is your take on it, good, bad or the best out there.
Welcome to the C&D section....

You will get a lot of opinions on this but I personally think it's a great tool in the right hands. If you don't have much experince with a DA, I am not sure I would buy that one first. On the flip side, if you are pretty handy with tools and careful, its a fine machine.

The benefits of the Flex over PC Da (G100) is the speed and the amount of Dual action it has. Its also overkill for most DIY'ers.

It's on my get list for this year as I have 3 DA's.

Have you used a PC DA in the past?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
thanks for the welcome

..Thanks for the welcome, I just got my 07 screw 5 mo ago and have been reading from afar on this forums trying to learn all the information I can get from the wise people that answer back. To be able to gave it the best care I can…My wife name is on the title too, but make no mistake it my baby…

Old 02-05-2008, 10:15 PM
..Thanks for the welcome, I just got my 07 screw 5 mo ago and have been reading from afar on this forums trying to learn all the information I can get from the wise people that answer back. To be able to gave it the best care I can…My wife name is on the title too, but make no mistake it my baby…
Have you used a G100 or PC 7424 DA before?

Old 02-06-2008, 06:12 AM
The Flex is an excellent machine. If you currently use a PC, the Flex will cut your correction time in half (or more)... and yield better results.

Of course, it is more expensive, and requires more care in usage than the PC.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Have you used a G100 or PC 7424 DA before?
no sir, over my many years on this plant I’ve had my hands on one or two sears or pep boys types of buffers…I was looking to step up with a 7424 but didn’t want to get it, and find out I should from what I’m been hearing and reading not went with the flex. Just ran across it on another site and wanted to get everybody feedback…could be over kill for a new truck but was looking what i would be getting for the money...

Old 02-06-2008, 08:31 AM
no sir, over my many years on this plant I’ve had my hands on one or two sears or pep boys types of buffers…I was looking to step up with a 7424 but didn’t want to get it, and find out I should from what I’m been hearing and reading not went with the flex. Just ran across it on another site and wanted to get everybody feedback…could be over kill for a new truck but was looking what i would be getting for the money...
If you are handy with tools and have some common sense, you'll be ok with the flex but I would learn to use it at lower speeds first. You may even want to find a detailer and make friends with them and have him show you a few pointers on how to use it. If you know anyone who has one.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:51 PM
It's actually a pretty simple choice...

If you are extremely serious about your paint detailing, or detail several vehicles... the Flex is where you want to go.

If you plan on being a bit more casual about your paint detailing... the PC or G100 will be just the ticket.

If you are "obsessive" about your paint detailing, then you need to learn how to use a rotary buffer.

If the Flex would have been around when I bought my PC... I never would have purchased the PC. Even after I purchased the PC, I would always end up grabbing one of my rotaries for 90% of my paint work. With the Flex, I see it being about 50% Flex/50% rotary, and I could probably use the Flex for 90% of the work if I wanted to.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429

If you are extremely serious about your paint detailing, or detail several vehicles... the Flex is where you want to go.

If you plan on being a bit more casual about your paint detailing... the PC or G100 will be just the ticket.

If you are "obsessive" about your paint detailing, then you need to learn how to use a rotary buffer.

If the Flex would have been around when I bought my PC... I never would have purchased the PC. Even after I purchased the PC, I would always end up grabbing one of my rotaries for 90% of my paint work. With the Flex, I see it being about 50% Flex/50% rotary, and I could probably use the Flex for 90% of the work if I wanted to.
I am right there with you. When I visit Wash Solutions, they always ask me for pictures of my latest projects and they are usually stunned by the work I turn out with a DA....They ask me if I used a Rotary on the two recent black trucks for Attworth and JWool....

The next purchase for me is the flex. Hands down.

I think a DA is good to have for sure and I wouldn't take back anything I have learned by using them...

Cheers

Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429

yes sir...i raise a glass to that statement....line 3 is where its at

Quick Reply: Flex XC3401VRG