Zaino question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vesteroid
Thanks Boss,

I have a bottle of the z8 as well, jus wasnt sure if I needed a wax before that.

My truck is the dark amethyst so I guess I might use all z5
Yep, after you have applied the Z5 or Z2 or both, you can keep it maintained after each wash with the Z8. Use the Z6 for QD'ing any light dust... don't use the Z8 for that.

On that color, I would use the Z5, but I would throw on an occasional coat of Z2 for some added clarity.

The nice part about Zaino... it can be layered with pretty good success.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vesteroid,

Sorry for the delay in posting an answer. I've been out of town on business. Sounds like Boss gave you one of his usual very complete anwers, but let me see if I can add anything.

First, Boss is right about Z5's ability to hide swirls. It does seem to be somewhat limited - but better than the original Z5. That's why the Swirl Remover (applied with a PC) might be just what you need. You really don't need a "wax" (technically, Zaino is a "sealer") over the top of Z5. Wait till you see how the water beads with it.

One last thought. I'd recommend not wasting your time with the new Zaino Clear Seal (ZCS) stuff. I haven't seen any difference with or without it. Go with the Z8. It will really knock you out. Good luck and remember - Post pictures!

Old 02-08-2008, 09:05 PM
my da didnt make it here today so I will do the interior this weekend and wait for the buffer.

I am going to go buy a heater for my garage so I can do this in the winter.

Thanks for the responces guys.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by 2stroked
Vesteroid,
One last thought. I'd recommend not wasting your time with the new Zaino Clear Seal (ZCS) stuff. I haven't seen any difference with or without it. Go with the Z8. It will really knock you out. Good luck and remember - Post pictures!
Excellent point 2stroked... ZCS is a waste of money... and a lot of it!
To be fair, I believe Sal made ZCS for folks who simply wanted to wipe something on, walk away and have the vehicle look nice (lazy folks ). It does that task just fine.

While all of the Zaino products are excellent, I would rate Z8 as the best of the bunch... especially the latest version. Unfortunately, it only seems to work really well with the Zaino system.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:24 PM
I have some of the z8.

Its cold again here so I decided to just do the interior today....tried that in my garage and found out quickly I cant see squat in a garage with a black interior truck.

So I decided to pull the body parts off my vrod and bring them in the living room for a coat of z5.

Will let you know how it turns out.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not to hi-jack, but i figured since i have a question bout the zaino this would be a good place to put it. Can z-5 be mixed in with other products? I.E. 80 then 9 then zaino z-5 then nxt then 16?

Old 02-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by guitarman502
not to hi-jack, but i figured since i have a question bout the zaino this would be a good place to put it. Can z-5 be mixed in with other products? I.E. 80 then 9 then zaino z-5 then nxt then 16?
No... Zaino needs to bond to perfect clean paint, or to a previous layer of Zaino.

The oils/fillers/solvents and whatever in the Meguiar's products would inhibit Zaino from bonding.

Quick Reply: Zaino question