Truck cleaned up *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a pinch and/or on the cheap tire foam will work on the wheel wells in substitute of Hyper-dressing. But since it's concentrated HD is cheaper in the long run.

Yes you'll have to re-wax after you clay. But once you do it you'll not do it any other way again.

I love that burgandy color. Almost as much as the blue.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by FALCON50EX
What is X10 I have heard of it but thats it
X10 is not a product, i believe that he was agreeing with the previous posts about the wheel wells.

Hope that clears it up

Old 02-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Correct on the X10...

As far as a 4wd with dirty wheel wells. Ever cleaned mud off your wheel wells? It's not the most fun. HD seems to make it easier to get dirt and grime off. APC+ eats right through any dirt/grime/mud.

What's wrong with a clean truck, bubba?

To the OP - I like the truck man. Merely stating my opinion on your paint. A good detail could do a lot for that rig.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by gators241987
looks good buddy. no, you dont have to wash after you clay. if you havent read the sticky, do so, its very helpful. easy step for you:
1. wash
2. clay
3. seal
4. lsp
if im wrong gurus, please correct me, this is what i remember from reading some post, but i might be wrong.
yes, you are wrong. Always wash the vehicle after you clay it, for one of two reasons. A) you get any of the remainder of the clay lube off the paint, B) there can be miniscule ammounts of paint contamination that was dislodged but not picked up by the clay bar. so yes, always wash after clay, its a bad habit not to.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by VR_MSM
yes, you are wrong. Always wash the vehicle after you clay it, for one of two reasons. A) you get any of the remainder of the clay lube off the paint, B) there can be miniscule ammounts of paint contamination that was dislodged but not picked up by the clay bar. so yes, always wash after clay, its a bad habit not to.
I thought once you got done claying a section you dried it off and just went to the next section?

Old 02-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Jditta
I thought once you got done claying a section you dried it off and just went to the next section?
No need to wash after claying. If you're using a quality clay bar and QD as well as using the proper technique there is no reason why you should need to wash after claying. Trust me.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
No need to wash after claying. If you're using a quality clay bar and QD as well as using the proper technique there is no reason why you should need to wash after claying. Trust me.
I trust you thump, i've seen your work. Don't worry buddy, I'm on the right OCD path.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Suspended
I'm glad to hear it, even though there are a lot of other people who are much more knowledgeable than me in this forum. I take that as a compliment. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and you'll be on the right path.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
x2! Just read the sticky and you will get all the info on preparing the paint you need.

Quick Reply: Truck cleaned up *pics*