What's causing this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 01:35 AM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
http://www.helowheels.com/main.html

Plating is warranted for one year. Reading the warranty, the selling dealer has to get involved. You must return the wheels to your dealer on your dime and the replacements will be shipped to your dealer. There is no contact info on the site, it only says to contact your dealer.

Edit: It appears that Moto Metal is the same company, and their site has contact info.

http://www.motometal.net/

Last edited by glc; 03-01-2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
http://www.helowheels.com/main.html

Plating is warranted for one year. Reading the warranty, the selling dealer has to get involved. You must return the wheels to your dealer on your dime and the replacements will be shipped to your dealer. There is no contact info on the site, it only says to contact your dealer.

Edit: It appears that Moto Metal is the same company, and their site has contact info.

http://www.motometal.net/
So after reading the warranty info it looks like I'm either stuck paying $220 shipping or just dealing with my peeling wheel. It's just not worth it to me when it'll cost $220 shipping (that's shipping new wheel to me and old wheel back) plus have to pay to have the new wheel mounted and balanced.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Walmart mounts tires for $3.50. Try calling Helo. What do you have to lose? They say no we won't stand behind our warranty? I'd be PISSED.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Walmart mounts tires for $3.50. Try calling Helo. What do you have to lose? They say no we won't stand behind our warranty? I'd be PISSED.
Oh I'm sure they'll stand behind the warranty and ship me a new wheels, it's just gonna cost me $220 for shiping the new wheel and the old wheel back. Personally I don't think a customer should even have to pay shipping costs when an item goes bad, but their warranty states freight is not included.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:53 AM
glc
They won't even ship the wheel to YOU under warranty, they ship to the selling dealer or distributor, which is where you have to ship the bad one to.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by glc
They won't even ship the wheel to YOU under warranty, they ship to the selling dealer or distributor, which is where you have to ship the bad one to.
Exactly and that's back in Gulfport, MS.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:31 PM
glc
Have you talked to a local dealer to see if they can help you out? I show 3 of them on Oahu.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guess what, one of my Helo wheels just started peel like the one in your pictires. I bought the wheels mid to late September. I took them off after the first snow and washed them real good and put them in the garage. I just put them back on 2 weeks ago and then it snowed again. I put a fresh coat of next on them before the snow and washed them about 3 days after it snowed. This is rediculous to only have about 3k miles on the wheels and they start to peel. I have not used any chemicals at all to wash the wheels, just goldclass soap that I use when I wash the truck.

Did you ever get anything resolved? I bought mine through discount tire so hopfully they will take care of this for me. I will NOT pay a penny for an replacement if they try that crap. I'll probably give it another month or two just to see if any of the other start to do this. If they do I'm going to try and get them all replaced with another brand of wheel.

I just remembered that I have taken the truck to a car wash the other day cause it was too cold to do it myself. But this should not cause the chrome to peel like this and if it does these are poor quality wheels.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Suspended
In all honesty is sounds like Helo had a bad batch of wheels. I had the Helo Maxx 6s on my 2004 F150 with about 15,000 miles if not more. A lot of those miles were being abused offroad none the less and I never had a lick of problem from them. Balanced good, no sign of pitting or peeling, still shined up great. I'm reasonably confident that Discount Tire will take care of it for you.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:54 AM
Originally Posted by dkstone05
Guess what, one of my Helo wheels just started peel like the one in your pictires. I bought the wheels mid to late September. I took them off after the first snow and washed them real good and put them in the garage. I just put them back on 2 weeks ago and then it snowed again. I put a fresh coat of next on them before the snow and washed them about 3 days after it snowed. This is rediculous to only have about 3k miles on the wheels and they start to peel. I have not used any chemicals at all to wash the wheels, just goldclass soap that I use when I wash the truck.

Did you ever get anything resolved? I bought mine through discount tire so hopfully they will take care of this for me. I will NOT pay a penny for an replacement if they try that crap. I'll probably give it another month or two just to see if any of the other start to do this. If they do I'm going to try and get them all replaced with another brand of wheel.

I just remembered that I have taken the truck to a car wash the other day cause it was too cold to do it myself. But this should not cause the chrome to peel like this and if it does these are poor quality wheels.
They are covered under a 1 year warranty so if you go down there they should replace them for you. I, unfortunately, am nowhere near the shop that installed my wheels so I would ahve to pay to the new one shipped to me ($220). With my recent accident and having to pay my $500 insurance deductible, the $220 is not in my budget so I'm just gonna have to deal with my peeling wheel and hope it doesn't get any worse. I will probably just keep these ones on there until lI return to CONUS in 2010 and then go a different route when I put on the new tires. All I can say is I'm not at all happy with the quality of my Helo Wheels.

Quick Reply: What's causing this?