Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling RollingRock

Where's RollingRock? Haven't seen his lovely truck grace these pages lately.'

Old 02-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I won't speak on behalf of him but, I believe he's just fine.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I was starting to wonder the same thing, I saw some forum about SSR earlier and I wondered why he hadn't chimed in on that yet.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Moderator &

Again, I'm not speaking on behalf of him but, rather, me...

I think some are really burned out with the same questions being pumped to the top over and over. Additionally, it was getting to the point that the same people chimed in with the same tidbit of advice like: 'just wetsand it...' or 'the PC is useless, get a rotary!'... or questions like 'will Westley's work on my hood?...' and, should I use a SOS pad on my roof to remove bird poo?'

Even better, some were continually chiming in with, generally, useless and unhelpful posts that ... well... bother those of us who really do try to go out of our way to help. I don't want to say that it's not beneficial to help other forum members - quite the contrary but, what I am saying is that some will just chime in with something like "buy a PC!" in a thread where someone specifically asked about swirl removal by hand because funding was short and a PC wasn't an option. That kind of thing gets old QUICK and it happens A LOT.

Lots of things here that I'd like to say but, I'll stop short because I really think I'll sound like an arrogant *****. I go out of my way to keep from sounding that way most all of the time and I think I'll continue to do that tonight... especially after that 3 hour commute home in the snow today.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:38 PM
I agree Rock. Being a member on nearly 10 boards where I offer detailing help some questions get anoying eventually. But everyone has to start somewhere. I just wish people would search more often.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by 03gtmustang
I agree Rock. Being a member on nearly 10 boards where I offer detailing help some questions get anoying eventually. But everyone has to start somewhere. I just wish people would search more often.
and read the friggin' sticky. :o

Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by 03gtmustang
I appreciate you saying that, Dan. Like you, I'm a member in *several* places and find myself typing out a lot of the same 'stock & out of the can' answers.

I really didn't want to sound like RockPRICK in my last post but, it does bother me and make answering less rewarding. Like you, I take a lot of pride (and time) when answering questions. As such, it's kind of disheartening to answer the same ones over and over... Heck, I like a good challenge (like the concrete versus paint thread)

-RP-

Old 02-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Suspended
I got the memo as well and can feel where RR is coming from but it's the internet, it's pretty much expected. I just can't stand the people who come to the Care & Detailing section and reply "It's a truck, it's supposed to be dirty" ... those are the posts that make me want to bash my head into my computer screen.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
and read the friggin' sticky. :o
hehe i have to admit i the sticky is like the Bible when it comes to beginners and detailing... it was to me... maybe there should be a banner with a huge arrow that says read the sticky

Old 02-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just wanna say that I appriciate what all the "elders" do for this forum. This forum has not only sparked my want/need to learn more and more about detailing, but also its extremely comforting in knowing that there are experienced people willing to help. So, Thank you all.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Old 02-12-2008, 07:32 AM
yes it is known what is said above, but this is america, this is a me country. i have a problem that is specific to my vehicle, i need help with it, help me, i dont have time to look at other peoples problems as they are of no concern to me...that is how most treads start in my opinion.

but almost more annoying is the single post with no words but a single

or x2 this just makes a post grow to 5 or more pages with saying nothing at all...some post are 5 pages long and could be cut to 2 pages if all of the single post were not there

Old 02-12-2008, 07:43 AM
as i look at the detail forum now...there are 25 various threads about this and that (default page one). there are 4 alone that deal mainly with the pc da. i got up to 10 post within the 4 started threads, then i stopped counting that told everyone to go to http://www.autodetailingsolutions.co...0-polisher.htm and get it there. i think most know that the information is repeated, but several on this site replyed to all of the post, and one thread is over 2 pages....saying the same thing http://www.autodetailingsolutions.co...0-polisher.htm

Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I appreciate you saying that, Dan. Like you, I'm a member in *several* places and find myself typing out a lot of the same 'stock & out of the can' answers.

I really didn't want to sound like RockPRICK in my last post but, it does bother me and make answering less rewarding. Like you, I take a lot of pride (and time) when answering questions. As such, it's kind of disheartening to answer the same ones over and over... Heck, I like a good challenge (like the concrete versus paint thread)

-RP-
I can understand where you are coming from. I have been less active here lately for much of the same reasons. (plus work being a major pain)

I find that it comes and goes. some days it bothers me more than others.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by troberts6874
yes it is known what is said above, but this is america, this is a me country. i have a problem that is specific to my vehicle, i need help with it, help me, i dont have time to look at other peoples problems as they are of no concern to me...that is how most treads start in my opinion.

but almost more annoying is the single post with no words but a single

or x2 this just makes a post grow to 5 or more pages with saying nothing at all...some post are 5 pages long and could be cut to 2 pages if all of the single post were not there
I understand your position, but I like seeing the x2 or other acknowledgements that concur with a previous post. It gives me a better understanding of which posts and members are worthy of learning from. I counldn't even put an image here because you are limited to 4...

Quick Reply: Calling RollingRock