NXT 2.0 disapointment..discuss

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordTruckMan82
Do you think that the 2.0 is easier to remove then the original once it has dried? I was just curious if the same rule of thumb of putting on a really thin coat still applied with the new formula.
Never used 1.0 so I can't say anything personaly about the differences between 1.0 and 2.0.

But I'm not aware of any polish that doesn't need to go on as thin as you can as long as you still get full coverage. As far as I know that's the general accepted rule since only the smallest amount that contacts the paint does any good and anything else is just wasted product.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you think that the 2.0 is easier to remove then the original once it has dried? I was just curious if the same rule of thumb of putting on a really thin coat still applied with the new formula.
JGG is exactly right FTM...

Thin is the key with all car care surface products... especially last step products.

If you think about it, only a VERY tiny amount of the product is actually making contact with the paint and, in turn, either adhering or bonding to the paint. So, basically, everything that you wipe off of the vehicle is wasted product. Obviously, it's a necessary evil to have to waste while applying but, the rule that less is better really does apply.

-RP-

Old 02-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Did you say water beading !?

Enjoy it while it lasts -- pretty soon you'll be looking at the shiny bottom of an empty tin and prowling the back alleys like a "crack hoe" looking for more.....

By the way, my Mustang never gets taken out in the rain.....

Old 02-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Enjoy it while it lasts -- pretty soon you'll be looking at the shiny bottom of an empty tin and prowling the back alleys like a "crack hoe" looking for more.....

By the way, my Mustang never gets taken out in the rain.....
I've got plenty of it left. That's too bad, traction control off is mighty fun. That picture was when I was washing it, not raining. I know it looks dark like it was raining but I don't wash unless it's dusk.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:43 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
If you use NXT 2.0 as a LSP, do 2 coats, at least 12 hours apart - and after every wash, hit it with some Ultimate Quick Detailer to help boost the protection.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Going to polish the beater so in the process I'll be ending my test run on the hood of Meg's #6 vs Meg's NXT 2.0. Shot these today under direct sunlight after washing with Meg's gold class wash. Has been out in the elements for 5 months now with 4 - 5 hand washes and no comercial washes.

The white dots are rockchips in the paint so doesn't have anything to do with the waxes. (it's a beater and a test bed so never bothered with them)

Some of you said you'd like to see what it looked like after 5 - 6 months so here ya go.

Wet

Dry

Old 04-19-2008, 02:08 PM
the left side looks deeper...
those are my 2 cents =)

Old 04-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by geoelpalillo
the left side looks deeper...
those are my 2 cents =)
Just lighting... I think if you were standing over it looking at it, you'd not be able to tell a difference.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:39 PM
glc
Here's my thoughts, thread reference:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=316096

Since I did that job, I washed it exactly once more, 2 weeks later, and put another coat of 2.0 on. It's been 2.5 months since then and it has NEVER been washed since. I drove back here from CA, hit some rain, snow, salt, mud, etc. and the front got all loaded up with bugs again. It sits out in the sun and rain and pollen. Last week, I took it to the DIY and blasted the heavy crap off with the wand set to Rinse - I know better now than to use their soap or a brush. Dried it at 70 mph.

This morning, I washed it with NXT soap, dried it, and hit it with UQD. It looks as good and feels as slippery as right after I did the full detail back in January. I did not even use the OCD-approved washing and drying methods - single bucket, no grit guard, but I used a synthetic lambswool mitt this time and was careful with it. I dried it with a standard Wallymart MF drying towel and used a Megs MF for the UQD.

I'm impressed enough with the NXT 2.0 that I think I'll try to get away with doing a full detail (clay and polish) once a year. I'll simply wash and UQD it periodically in between - maybe throw another quick coat of 2.0 on if it looks or feels like it needs it.

I'll do the full details here and not in CA - my sister doesn't have any shade to work in there but I can pull it under my deck here to get shade. I'm not afraid to wash it in the sun, but I don't like using other products except in the shade.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:16 PM
I just tried it for my first time today. I think it actually beats Autoglym Super Resin Polish at hiding fine swirls, I'll have to look at it on a nice bright sunny day as the sun didn't come out much today but I did notice the swirls I could see immediately after claying (suppose the clay removed my AutoGlym polish fillers) and right before applying weren't there after the NXT 2.0. Also noticed no more white dust when removing, absolutely none what so ever. It goes on and off with about the same ease and smoothness feel of #26 Liquid, maybe a 'tad' thicker/draggier when applying (I'm using the NXT 2.0 Liquid as I always opt for the liquid version of a wax if available). #26 liquid is probably the easiest to apply and remove I've ever used honestly - I've applied it in the baking sun and it went on/off with absolute ease.

The only thing I really liked about #26 (other then it's ease of applying/removing) was the water sheeting action (don't really care for the look, it's too dull and non-reflective for me, I've always been a big fan of Liquid Glass so my preference has always been the real shiny/reflective stuff) - have to see how it reacts with water to see if I'll bother with topping it with #26 anymore. It also doesn't have the hardcore saran wrap look anymore - it actually looks more like #26 with more mirror reflectiveness to it.

So my preliminary thought of NXT 2.0 with applying it for my first time is that NXT 2.0 liquid is just like #26 liquid with a more mirror reflectiveness look where IMO #26 is a little on the dull side without the use of heavy polishing before-hand and the old NXT was a little too saran wrap/artificial looking and it applies and wipes off with nearly the same ease as #26 liquid and seems to do a better then average job at filling/hiding fine swirls. Gone is the white dust when removing and IMO - as a single step product, it seems like it's going to be hard to beat overall. Wash, clay, and NXT 2.0 and you're good to go.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Suspended
Yes 2.0 is easier to remove and doesn't have so much of a saran wrap effect IMO. Thin coats are the rule of thumb for any type of wax. Remember all you're doing is coating the surface. If you're gobbing that stuff on it's not adding more protection, it's coming off when you buff the wax "off". Thus just making it harder on you and wasting product.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:06 PM
glc
Wash, clay, and NXT 2.0 and you're good to go.
Agree wholeheartedly - as long as you are not OCD. I'm not.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Wow... It's official... NXT 2.0 dethrones AutoGlym Super Resin Polish at hiding swirls by hand! And that's saying something! Here it is up against the old NXT (and many others) where it clearly leads everything else at attacking/hiding swirls by hand (which I can verify to be true since I've been using it myself) http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-a...tml#post786235

Normally you can't see any swirls in my truck but at around 4/5pm when the sun is hitting the side just the right way and you're looking at it at just the right angle, you can see swirls/spider webbing down the side the sun is hitting (but only if you're looking at it at just the right angle at the exact right time of day) that the great AutoGlym Super Resin Polish couldn't totally hide and today I checked it at the angle and time of day you can see the spider webbing/swirls and nothing! I looked perfect! I give NXT 2.0 two just in this regard alone!

I kinda had buyers remorse when I bought it Sunday morning since I still have half a bottle of the old NXT liquid and a quarter can of the old paste version but I'm really glad I forked over the $15 for a bottle to test it out (the liquid seems to stretch forever so one bottle should last me last me a few years, lol, I did my whole truck and didn't even get the bottle below the skinny upper neck part, heh).

It doesn't reflect the clouds in the sky off the windows as intense as say, Liquid Glass would, but it's FAR more deeper and wetter looking kinda like a Carnauba but more reflective, kinda the best of both worlds put into one, and overall throughout every aspect as a single step polish/wax, it's superior to anything I've ever tried before... from hiding swirls (which is really important to me since I'm too lazy to do a bunch of extra polishing steps anymore, lol), to ease of application/removal, to a deep wet reflective shine that's really impossible to find a complaint about, especially when that's all I put on after claying, no polishing what so ever beforehand and not topping with say, #26 afterwards.

Like I said yesterday, wash, clay, and NXT 2.0 and you're good to go. Well, with my hard well water might still have to finish up with a quick detailer after the weekly washing/drying to get the murkiness of the hard water out and leave the finish crystal clear, heh. I gave up on the Mr Clean filter since it's WAY too slow for me, I get much better results just going over the vehicle with detailer spray then wasting ten hours lightly sprinkling filtered water over it when one side dries with water spots before I can even get to it, lol.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:06 PM
glc
Well, with my hard well water might still have to finish up with a quick detailer after the weekly washing/drying to get the murkiness of the hard water out and leave the finish crystal clear, heh.
Use UQD. It will boost the polymers.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Use UQD. It will boost the polymers.
That's what I use brotha, every since it came out. But every time I buy a Meg's clay kit it comes with a bottle of the old Quick Detailer that I don't know what to do with (I clay with my Gold Class wash soap while I'm washing since I can wash and clay in one step real quick even though the soap breaks down the clay, you'll get two uses out of it and it's broken down too much to use afterward but I don't care, I'd rather have a easier time then try to save a half of a clay bar that I only use once a year, lol)

Yea, I double checked today this afternoon after I got home from work and it's true, NXT 2.0 dethrones Autoglym Super Resin Polish at hiding swirls by hand... No if, ands, or buts about it- NXT 2.0 is taking it to the next level. I've done three (to five on the hood) passes with SRP and could still see swirls at the right time of day and the right angle, but just one pass with NXT 2.0 I can't see anything at any angle in the sun, lol. Can't believe no one mentioned this because Super Resin Polish was pretty much in a class of it's own in this regard and it couldn't be too easy to beat it in a single step product, lol....

Quick Reply: NXT 2.0 disapointment..discuss