Detailing Advice On Black Paint From Picture

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attworth, i believe he used Micropolish from Menzerna....and Menzerna can be difficult in my experience...i would really suggest the Poorboy's line..SSR2.5 and a 5.5" orange pad followed by #80 on a white pad really did wonders for a black escalade i did last weekend..that was a 2006 prolly never properly touched...i dont even have tons of experience with a PC, i definitely feel like enough for most products but Poorboys seems very easy to work with for me...but again this is prolly personal preference.

Great products are too expensive to buy and figure that they are too hard to work with...i even find i cant enjoy a Meg's cutting polish to use with a PC....83 is finicky and 80 is weak (IMO)...so it all comes down to trial and error. But to take that out i can prolly figure it will be best for you to take a leap of faith either with Menzerna, Poorboys, or Megs or whatever for that matter and do it yourself because as others have stated, great work (which you obviously want) will not come cheap!

Old 02-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overtime its probably cheaper to buy everything yourself rather then pay someone. However, products are very expensive. My rotary was $250, my water filter $400, etc., etc.

I think the best thing to do is have someone DETAIL it once or twice a year and you maintain it.

Quick Reply: Detailing Advice On Black Paint From Picture