Show off your Supply !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The foam gun works by spraying a lather/foam onto the surface. I didn't use a soap bucket when I used it, just my rinse bucket with my grit guard. The foam lifts the dirt off of the paint and creates a lot of lubrication for the surface of your paint thus reducing the chance of scratches during washing. If your vehicle is REALLY dirty you can use it as a rinse before washing as well. Soak the vehicle with the foam, rinse, and than wash. It saves a LOT of time and it's a much better wash IMO. I guess you could order the soap but the soap is forumulated to work with the foam gun. I don't see a problem using Meguiars Gold Class, etc for a normal wash especially since you can buy a gallon for $13 instead of $45. The DP car wash with the foam gun works amazing though.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:01 AM
here is my stash of supplies

here is my most recent additions

andrew

Old 02-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Haha... Damnit i hate you guys. Your stuff would break my little detailing shelf. Oh well, maybe by summer i'll grab me a DA and a few more things to get me really started on getting those swirls out of my truck. I also need to grab some carnuba wax to increase the shine and reduce the saran wrap appearance of NXT. But... Only time will tell what i get to do. I think i have an ok stash for a high school student =p

B

Old 02-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was tinkering with the new M-135 tonight... The jury is out on that one for me.

Also, I've been tinkering with M-21 2.0... I **like it**!

Old 02-16-2008, 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I was tinkering with the new M-135 tonight... The jury is out on that one for me.

i was hoping to hear about the M135 soon...please let us know what you think...i was thinking about a gallon if u guys gave it the nod

Old 02-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick

I am going to have to do more than tinker with it ..

apparently I forgot to bring my M-21 in last week when it got down to freexing, and it is now junk .. so I will have to grab some new stuff.

glad to see someone is liking it.

I also need to order a bunch more bottle and spray heads .. and little bottles.. I have given out so many samples, and sold so much stuff to my clients lately that I am seriously low on a bunch of stuff.

It is time to start preparing my wife for one of those orders that has a comma in the dollar amount

Old 02-16-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
It is time to start preparing my wife for one of those orders that has a comma in the dollar amount
good luck

Old 02-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
His stuff would break a solid table. Possibly a solid block of stone.
We will never know until he posts it up.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Here is some pics of my stash. Not pictured is the grit guards and buckets. Luckily the wife likes to clean so that is how I get to use the steam cleaner. I also picked up the tv box from a friend that works at best buy so I can apply tire dressing and not stain the driveway.

Last edited by quicktsi; 02-17-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:18 AM
This is about 1/4 of my supply, and I'm expecting another order any day from ADS and PakShak.

The rest is in my shop.

2100 square feet, 3 roll up doors, central heat/air, 46" plasma TV, PS3, Wii......

Old 02-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by hwm3

2100 square feet, 3 roll up doors, central heat/air, 46" plasma TV, PS3, Wii......
That's not a shop. That's a MAN CAVE!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:19 PM
What are these products used for or used on.

Simple Green
FK1 or is it PK1
Hyper Dressing (Also when using this product, should it be mixed with water?)

Im learning slowly. My only issue is that its cold here and I can't really detail the truck the way I like to.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Simple Green is a good de greaser for cleaning engine bays (use extreme caution and read up on this before attempting,) wheel weels, non-painted surfaces.

I'm not sure what the second one is.

Hyper-dressing is a concentrate that should be diluted with water from 1:1 to 4:1 (water:hyper-dressing.) It is a good trim dressing, wheel well dressing, tire dressing, engine dressing (again using extreme caution,) etc. It's not good for paint but wipes off easily using a quality quick detailer. I use at 4:1 for a semi-gloss sheen that holds up well. It does run a bit if applied too thickly and the excess needs to be blotted after drying completely. There are TONS of threads about this stuff so the search feature would be great to find more info on this one.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by attworth
Simple Green is a good de greaser for cleaning engine bays (use extreme caution and read up on this before attempting,) wheel weels, non-painted surfaces.

I'm not sure what the second one is.

Hyper-dressing is a concentrate that should be diluted with water from 1:1 to 4:1 (water:hyper-dressing.) It is a good trim dressing, wheel well dressing, tire dressing, engine dressing (again using extreme caution,) etc. It's not good for paint but wipes off easily using a quality quick detailer. I use at 4:1 for a semi-gloss sheen that holds up well. It does run a bit if applied too thickly and the excess needs to be blotted after drying completely. There are TONS of threads about this stuff so the search feature would be great to find more info on this one.

I hate to sound slow but what are you guys using to measure from 1:1 to 4:1 with the hyper dressing

Old 02-19-2008, 02:31 PM
http://autodetailingsolutions.com/Meguiar's%20Detailer%20Sprayers.htm

D20170 - HD bottle. Has a cool logo/sticker on it and marks for the dillution ratios. I use the grey chemical spray head because I like the spray pattern, although it's not necessary with HD.

Quick Reply: Show off your Supply !!