Show off your Supply !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
RP could you delete the unnecessary posts, please? I don't know what is up with this forum lately but it seems everyone is VERY negative. I'm used to it in the Chips & Tuning forum but NEVER the Detailing forum, we're all pretty "close" in here. It's getting damn old already. I was coming back to show off my new toy my girlfriend bought for me for Valentines Day and found this crap ... Geesh.

Well, anyways here is the new toy !!

Anyone that is on the fence about it, you need to buy it !! I was a little skeptical about how well it'd work at first but now that I've used it, I won't EVER wash a car without it again. The soap that was included in it is leaps and bounds better than the Meguiars Gold Class which is one of the best soaps, IMO.

? for you. I would just like to make sure that I have this correct.

1. spray the entire (or in sections ?) with this foam spray first

2. rinse the truck off well

3. start washing the truck with my mitt, Meguiars Shampoo and bucket.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:39 PM
You can use it to pre-wash, then use it as your soap instead of a bucket. Mine will be here Thursday.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by attworth
You can use it to pre-wash, then use it as your soap instead of a bucket. Mine will be here Thursday.
So your saying that I dont really need to use my Meguiars shampoo. I can just spray the foam on the truck than rinse it off. Spray it on the truck again but go over it with my mitt than rinse it off and dry.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:45 PM
That's my understanding. It makes more foam than you can get with a bucket and water, so it provides better lubrication for dirt and grime.

Continue using your second bucket with a grit guard though and rinse periodically.

You should be able to use your regular soap in the hopper, just use the correct amount. It may not foam as much as whatever they supply, but it'll foam more than a bucket and water.

Disclaimer: I haven't used it yet so this info could be inaccurate. I'm merely going off of what I have read about the sprayer.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:55 PM
That's my understanding. It makes more foam than you can get with a bucket and water, so it provides better lubrication for dirt and grime.

Continue using your second bucket with a grit guard though and rinse periodically.

You should be able to use your regular soap in the hopper, just use the correct amount. It may not foam as much as whatever they supply, but it'll foam more than a bucket and water.

Disclaimer: I haven't used it yet so this info could be inaccurate. I'm merely going off of what I have read about the sprayer.

Is the hopper the container. If I use the foam gun what is the reason to have the bucket except for the tires (which I have a seperate bucket for)

Old 02-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah the hopper is this little bottle on the gun that holds the water/soap.

If you're not using the two-bucket method, check out the sticky for more details. Basically, one bucket is for soap, one for rinse water and a grit guard.

To make sure you're not just moving dirt from one part of your truck to another, you wanna wash a small portion, maybe one panel at a time, then rinse out the mitt and repeat.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah the hopper is this little bottle on the gun that holds the water/soap.

If you're not using the two-bucket method, check out the sticky for more details. Basically, one bucket is for soap, one for rinse water and a grit guard.

To make sure you're not just moving dirt from one part of your truck to another, you wanna wash a small portion, maybe one panel at a time, then rinse out the mitt and repeat.
Im going to check out the sticky, but in other words I should have one bucket with soap in it and another one with just water and a grit guard at the bottom.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
Im going to check out the sticky, but in other words I should have one bucket with soap in it and another one with just water and a grit guard at the bottom.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks a million

Old 02-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
Thanks a million
No problem.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm still using the standard two bucket system in addition to the foam gun. I find that the addition of the foam really aides in lubrication across the paint...

While some do and some don't, with black, I'm going to err' on the side of absolute caution.

Yes. I'm using a tad more soap but, I'm adding a boatload more lubrication.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Suspended
This is exactly how I wash with the foam gun. I fill a bucket with a little water and soap for the wheels. I fill another bucket with my grit guard and clean water, it'll be the rinse bucket. I wash the wheels first. I load the "hopper/container" with my soap/water mix, shake. I rinse the car down with water. I shake the container a second time and spray the whole upper part of the vehicle and one side. I'll wash that side with my mit, rinsing my mit out every so often. I rinse it off. Spray the other side including the front and rear, wash with the mit and than rinse.

Voila, done.

I also recommend buying the foam gun soap that Auto Geek sells for their foam gun. It's leaps and bounds better than say Meguairs Gold Class. It's expensive but I find I don't need to have another bucket of soap, it provides more than enough lubrication for the surface.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 02-19-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Why did I come over here. Now I'm thinking I need to do some more care. At least I carry Meguiars at work so it won't be to big of a hit,

I hope.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by rsbeachbum2
Why did I come over here. Now I'm thinking I need to do some more care. At least I carry Meguiars at work so it won't be to big of a hit,

I hope.
Welcome to the club.

Are there any psychologists on the forum? Somebody needs to capitalize on all the OCD people here.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by rsbeachbum2
Why did I come over here. Now I'm thinking I need to do some more care. At least I carry Meguiars at work so it won't be to big of a hit, I hope.
I see there is another person from the Burg on here. Where abouts in St. Pete are you located.

Dont worry, I have always been crazy about keeping my vehicles clean, and this place has made it even worst.

I blame it all on Attworth's truck. Attworth and RR ruined me...lol...

Later,

Devildog101

Quick Reply: Show off your Supply !!