I have lost faith :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have lost faith :(

So I have been keyed on Tues AND Wed... And I am starting to see more scratches from this crap than I am shine...

Yes, I will post pics for you all, but they are down DEEP into the colorcoat on the LIGHTEST one, and the others are into the metal. One even creased the metal.

I am seeing some futility here-- I work my **** off keeping my truck looking nice. I park directly in the center of the space, and I get into the parking lot before a lot of people do-- the spaces are empty when I get there, so I cannot be blamed for that...

People always are either keying my truck (Which is odd considering I dont have any real enemies... Then I realized the scratches went down the entire row of cars.... ARGHHH!!!) or denting it, or they are so obese that they jack up my mirrors as they attempt in vain to squeeze between 2 trucks...

What really gets on my nerves is the fact that these same people that dont care are the ones who have no objection to allowing their metal studded backpacks, political button-lined totes, etc drag all the way down my truck as they walk down the aisles of cars.

I know, this is a rant, but the reason why I havent posted here in awhile is the same why I wont be posting very often anymore. It is no longet pleasing to wash my car-- it only brings out the scratches more. And they cannot be fixed at a reasonable cost. The truck is 5 years old, and has 72k miles on it. At this rate, to fix all the cosmetic stuff would not be NEARLY worth the cost.

If anybody wants to talk to me about a detail, feel free to email me (navyguy@swbell.net). There is no guarantee that I can do it-- I have been pretty busy recently, but I will be more than happy to answer your questions or refer you to some buds of mine that would love to help you out (namely Jason)

JP-- I still plan on returning the favor as well as some other things (ie: D/A handle, other supplies-- let me know what all you want). I really appreciate the help you have given me, but unfortunately, I feel like I am trying to polish a tractor at this point. It is a futile effort...

RP-- I really appreciate the help over the years, bud. You have been a HUGE inspiration and a LOT of help to me. Unfortunately, the town I live in doesnt allow things like detailing to work-- people have an utter disrespect for others' property.

So, in summation, I would like to apologize for ranting on a long post, but I do want to thank those of you who have listened before, helped before, and want to wish all of you the best of luck in your detailing (and other) endeavors. I will drop by occasionally, but not nearly to the extent that I used to. That is, until I can afford a new F-150... (begins dreaming...)

Old 02-15-2008, 11:28 PM
BTW-- the pics are coming as soon as I can find my camera... It is in here somewhere... (Call out the dogs!!!)

Old 02-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Suspended
I'm sorry to hear that, I can only imagine how mad you are. Keep your chin up, I'd be camping out to catch those little punks.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:31 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I really feel for you, bud. That makes me angry reading it. Again, I'm very sorry. That really stinks.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:52 AM
I feel for you man.. People used to do that to my ranger all the time... I think it was because I tried so hard to keep it nice and they got satisfaction from it... They ended up stealing it.. and burning it.. which is why I'm now at the f150 forums instead of the ranger ones.. It sucks, but don't give up on it.
-Sean

Old 02-16-2008, 01:13 AM
Ryan

That totally sucks, sorry to hear about that.

If I can help let me know.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:06 AM
Sorry to hear about that bud...well i dont wanna speak for others as i probably know i could in saying thank you for all the advice over the times...and keep your chin up because they drive beaters they want to make yours one but one thing to always remember...karma is a you know what and it will come back to them in the end..hopefully in a miserable, forever kind of way....take care of yourself

Old 02-16-2008, 08:37 AM
That sucks, Ryan.

I uderstand how you feel. My truck got hit in the parking garage this week, bad enough to bend the rear bumper down and out ..

no one even left a note, and the people that run the garage couldn't find it on the video tape.

I Would say give it a couple of weeks ..

then use your talent to take care of other peoples stuff .. and maybe make some money.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:50 AM
f-150sport03,

Sorry to hear about this. It really, really sucks.

For the people that do these type of things, I hope that they have many, many, bad things happen to them in their lifetime ... which hopefully will be a short one.

The X-Marine in me has no sympathy for these types of slime-*****. The world is a better place without them.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
This sucks...

I know what it's like. When I first got my '99, it was all nice and clean, no dents, no scratches, etc. About a month after, I got my first scratch... was I ticked. Then the door dings started occuring... I was getting depressed.

At the time I was younger, and didn't know better, and I traded it for a new SUV... stupid move on my part... should've kept it.

There was three things I wanted to do:
1. Repaint.
2. Insane Audio/Video system.
3. F/I Mod.

Not to mention no truck payment.

Maybe with my '07, I won't have any door dings. I've got a few scratches... but I don't care about them because I caused them.

Anyhow, people are idiots...

Old 02-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I feel your pain. I too live in the DFW and the care of the people here is sub-standard to that of those we are fighting in the East. I've considered parking in the empty lot at my Juco about half a mile from my classes but I never get there in time.

One day, some guys got out of their Geo Metro, and the one in the back seat decided to slam his door into the side of my truck (luckily it was short enough to hit the rocker.) I got out and started screaming at him. He goes, "oh my bad dude." All I gotta say is he's lucky the campus police (they carry guns,) were one aisle over giving someone a parking ticket.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:07 PM
I understand what you have going on. That is why I do not like driving my truck to work, so many people carry bags, and laptop cases and Oklahoma is always windy. If I do drive it to work I try to get a corner spot and hug the curb. The second time I drove it to work is when I discovered the ding in the passenger door after work.

I agree when the paint get like you are talking you don't want to detail it because it just makes it stand out even more.

The one thing that I did like about my old Ranger was it did not have much in the way of sheet metal to dent or ding.

What about taking a paint and body class at one of the local vo-techs and do the paint and body work yourself? My dad took the class so he could paint his Harley torch red to match his Z06.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I am going to learn how to properly paint this summer. I need to know... it's killing me...

All I like to do is to learn and apply my what I've learned.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:03 AM
First off, thanks for the replies... I know, I sounded a bit whiny, but, well... you know...

Anyway-- in response to the following:

Originally Posted by quicktsi

What about taking a paint and body class at one of the local vo-techs and do the paint and body work yourself? My dad took the class so he could paint his Harley torch red to match his Z06.
If I had the time, money, space, etc. to do this, I would... This kind of thing sounds like a retirement hobby... maybe... But in the mean time I need to make a LOT more money...

Also-- I have gotten to the point where I can think positive (that's the goal, right???)--- I can now take it off road (yes, even though it is a 2wd) and not worry about trail scars-- they wont make such a huge impact anymore... At least until I can get ahold of some touch up paint... maybe that will have a decent cover up if I really take my time. But in the mean time, I think I am going to give it around 1-3 months of not worrying about it. (Dont worry-- it just got some NXT 2.0 last month, and will remain waxed-- just maybe not swirl free...)

So again, thanks for the sympathy... It is now bedtime. I have been up for 24 hours (the last 12 were at a church party... which was DEFINATELY worth it...) So no need for sympathy there...(do I sound stupid yet??? I certainly feel like it...)

Old 02-17-2008, 11:12 AM
If I had the time, money, space, etc. to do this, I would... This kind of thing sounds like a retirement hobby... maybe... But in the mean time I need to make a LOT more money...
He actually did this when he was still working full time 50+ hours a week.

Quick Reply: I have lost faith :(