Looking for a NW Florida based detailer!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a NW Florida based detailer!

Hello to all!

Well, my time here in Germany is about done. I have struggled the past three years trying my best to keep the beast up to snuff. It's hard as I can't get the quality products here, but not an excuse. I will be putting the beast on the boat around June for the trip across the pond. I will have a couple weeks off for some much needed rest and recoperation. I am posting this to see if there are any detailers in the NW Florida area - specifically the Fort Walton Beach area. I know she will need the best care she can get.

I plan on doing the 3 step Meg's process by hand......no PC yet plus conditioning the leather before having it picked up.

Anyone able to help me out? Thanks in advance for any input.

Prost!

Old 02-16-2008, 01:54 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
To put it on the boat I'd use NXT instead of wax if you can get it there. A synthetic sealant will probably hold up better than wax coming across the pond.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I thought about using NXT, but I am at the mercy of AAFES and they don't stock it. I am going to pay to have it sent back - if I pay ($1100) the transit takes 2 weeks. If the Government ships it (no charge) it could take up to 62 days. I payed to send it over and didn't have any problems (knock on wood), so......

Thanks for the reply.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:57 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Does AAFES carry any name brand synthetic sealant - maybe Mother's Synwax or Turtle Wax F21? Maybe Eagle One Nanowax?

Old 02-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Bump.....

Any detailers...P'Cola, FWB, Destin.....

Old 02-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'd checkout detailuniversity.com ... they have a "find a detailer" section.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by ibcop
Bump.....

Any detailers...P'Cola, FWB, Destin.....
How close are those to Tampa? What branch or government contractor?

Devildog101

Old 02-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Devildog101
How close are those to Tampa? What branch or government contractor?

Devildog101
Tampa is pretty far from me....I am in the panhandle of Florida...some say "LA" for lower Alabama. Don't get me wrong, there are some detailers at the local full service car wash, but I am looking for the best.

BTW, I am in the Army. 16+ years.....one more assignment and it's retirement (at least from the military ) for me.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Let me offer my thanks to you sir. If there is time, I will ship you some NXT as a sign of my appreciation. My brother is in the Marine Corps so I know the things you guys/gals have to sacrifice. Shoot me an e-mail or PM.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by guitarman502
i'd checkout detailuniversity.com ... they have a "find a detailer" section.
Appreciate the tip......I'll check the site out.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by attworth
Let me offer my thanks to you sir. If there is time, I will ship you some NXT as a sign of my appreciation. My brother is in the Marine Corps so I know the things you guys/gals have to sacrifice. Shoot me an e-mail or PM.
I appreciate the kind words and the offer for the NXT. I'd hate for you to go through the trouble. I have about 4 months or so before she gets on the boat. There is one detailer here in Germany that does a decent job and I may use him if I can get booked in.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:57 PM
I appreciate the kind words and the offer for the NXT. I'd hate for you to go through the trouble. I have about 4 months or so before she gets on the boat. There is one detailer here in Germany that does a decent job and I may use him if I can get booked in.
I really do not mind at all. People state-side don't show enough appreciation. If you can't get booked, seriously, hit me up and I'll set you up.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:03 PM
I really do not mind at all. People state-side don't show enough appreciation. If you can't get booked, seriously, hit me up and I'll set you up.
I was just reading some other threads.....I see NXT has a new formula? Is it better than the original NXT - last longer?

It's tought to get on-line retailers and other businesses to ship to an APO address. I always explain the shipping rates are the same as if mailing inside the lower 48 with the exception of having to mail via USPS Priority Mail and having to apply a small customs form to the box.

If you are willing to get some of the new NXT, I will gladly pay you for it plus the shipping.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:05 PM
I was just reading some other threads.....I see NXT has a new formula? Is it better than the original NXT - last longer?

It's tought to get on-line retailers and other businesses to ship to an APO address. I always explain the shipping rates are the same as if mailing inside the lower 48 with the exception of having to mail via USPS Priority Mail and having to apply a small customs form to the box.

If you are willing to get some of the new NXT, I will gladly pay you for it plus the shipping.
The new NXT is supposed to have greater longevity, but it hasn't been out long enough for anyone to adequetly assess it. If anything it's at least as good as the original.

I would be more than happy to pick some up for you, and you've already paid that debt and then some.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:11 PM
The new NXT is supposed to have greater longevity, but it hasn't been out long enough for anyone to adequetly assess it. If anything it's at least as good as the original.

I would be more than happy to pick some up for you, and you've already paid that debt and then some.
PM sent. BTW, where in TX are you? Spent about 8 years in the FTW area.

Quick Reply: Looking for a NW Florida based detailer!