Particles in paint?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by RollingRock; 02-19-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Theres a correct way to get results and a wrong way. That is clearly the wrong way. But either way, I dont see any proof of any results. All I see is someone taking a picture of SILVER paint in a GARAGE. What does that prove? Absolutely nothing.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 03gtmustang
By doing that hes grinding the particles into the paint. That stuff needs to be removed before you take a buffer to it.

Concured 110%... My subtle defense of his post wasn't meant to condone the notion that he was correct in going that route. I am sorry if it came off that way - in re-reading it, I can see how it could be misinterpreted.

Anyway, the way that you responded is EXACTLY how thumper should've worded his response rather than coming off like he did. That was my point...

Thumper. You're welcome - Forum etiquette... we all know and attempt to live by it most of the time. You really need to step up on this one and let it go and offer up a bit more on the posts rather than falling to the level at which you've stated that you despise.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Moderator &

Theres a correct way to get results and a wrong way. That is clearly the wrong way. But either way, I dont see any proof of any results. All I see is someone taking a picture of SILVER paint in a GARAGE. What does that prove? Absolutely nothing.
Again... agreed.

It was how it was put, Dan. Maybe I'm being a bit over-dramatic with this -- that's an opinion to be made by whoever wants to - but, my point was that, rather than jumping up and ripping him a new one, it would've been very advantageous for one to point out that the method is wrong, point out why it's wrong, and then point out the alternative option that should be considered rather than the response that was initially made.

We've always operated within this forum with a sense of subtlety, precision, and demeanor that is unparalleled on most of the other sections on this site. The level in which most people are willing to help is on another level here in the GC & D forum. Posts like Thumper's response go DIRECTLY AGAINST the paradigm that we've worked so hard to establish... People helping people... not people bashing people.

Again, I have no qualms with the notion that the surficial contamination should be removed PRIOR to even thinking about going any farther -- 110% concured, in fact -- the problem that I had was the break in the paradigm.

Helping versus just blurting out... there was an opportunity to help but, rather than help, a member went after another member... I don't want that in this forum and, basically, I won't tolerate it. It causes problems and distracts from the PURPOSE of this forum...

Old 02-19-2008, 12:04 AM

Last edited by RollingRock; 02-19-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:13 AM
I know and understand what RockPick is saying. Im a moderator on mustang forum. However, RollingRock, I know you arent taking sides, but people look up to you here and I feel you may be misleading them, thats all. I know you know its wrong, but others might not get you. Understand where Im coming from?

Old 02-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Moderator &

I know and understand what RockPick is saying. Im a moderator on mustang forum. However, RollingRock, I know you arent taking sides, but people look up to you here and I feel you may be misleading them, thats all. I know you know its wrong, but others might not get you. Understand where Im coming from?
I think we're all on the same page. Also, to add, I hope I didn't come off sounding like I was talking to you in a poor tone, Dan. It wasn't that at all. I have the utmost respect for you as a detailer and a contributer to the forum. You've offered up boatloads of great advice to alot of folks here - me included.

There are lots of folks that go out of their way on a regular basis to help and they do it on a frequency that is greatly appreciated. Because of that, it's the occasional hindrance that sticks out like a sore thumb.

On that note, I hear a pillow yodeling from across the hall.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Not at all man. Its hard to read things on the internet, people take things wrong all the time. We're cool.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:06 AM

GnillorKcoR....out

Last edited by RollingRock; 02-19-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Guys guys guys... I think the C&D section needs a giant tail gate party at JP's house. I'll pay for the beer if yall provide it, (minor here.)

I haven't spent a lot of time here as of late. There's new people coming in with the same old questions, and old people with either the same boring response or some sort of bashing.

It's making me more sad than the fact that my truck has grass crawling out from under the bumper.....(its really dirty.)

We all love each other here so lets show it.

P.S. Anybody in the DFW that's down for some sort of forum social/gathering, I'm all up for it and willing to help bring about some sort of event. (this post just spurred that idea. )

To the OP. I have pictures showing how to use clay, if interested, shoot me a PM. It's simple and well worth it regardless of what your black spots are. It'll make it feel like your truck is wearing lotion.

Quick Reply: Particles in paint?