#23 Odor Eliminator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Have any of you - besides me - actually TRIED Odo-Ban? I'm VERY satisfied with it for killing smoke odors.
I went to wally world to pick some up but couldn't find it in the car section. Where should I be looking?

Old 02-21-2008, 03:23 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
It's in the household cleaning section right near the Lysol and the Airwicks.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by attworth
Ive used those before to, but keep in mind I smoke maybe 6-7 cigarettes a day in my truck between school/work/home/trips to the store/etc.

One of those little perks I gotta live with, like the prospects of cancer I suppose.

I dont know you and really have no place to say this, but I wonder if anyone has ever really told you.

At 20 I was just like you. My vice was racing motocycles, not smoking, but believe me they can both kill you.

Now at 43 and after having watched TWO of my high school friends DIE from lung cancer...I have a different perspective. The last one caught a cold that wouldnt go away. he finaly went in to the doctor for test and found out he had cancer. 6 months later he was dead. He was a big guy, probably 250 when he got sick...he was maybe 150 when he died. he was a tough guy, first one in a fight, and the first one to be your friend if you needed something...he wasnt so tough those last few months.

I bet if I asked his wife and two kids, they would have a different perspective on smoking now as well.

so keep saying its not an option to quit...

I realize this is a rant and its your life, and you dont have to listen to anyone. I just cant understand the mentality of a person who would no more play russian roulette, but will risk the same thing (in a longer time frame) with smoking.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by vesteroid
I dont know you and really have no place to say this, but I wonder if anyone has ever really told you.

At 20 I was just like you. My vice was racing motocycles, not smoking, but believe me they can both kill you.

Now at 43 and after having watched TWO of my high school friends DIE from lung cancer...I have a different perspective. The last one caught a cold that wouldnt go away. he finaly went in to the doctor for test and found out he had cancer. 6 months later he was dead. He was a big guy, probably 250 when he got sick...he was maybe 150 when he died. he was a tough guy, first one in a fight, and the first one to be your friend if you needed something...he wasnt so tough those last few months.

I bet if I asked his wife and two kids, they would have a different perspective on smoking now as well.

so keep saying its not an option to quit...

I realize this is a rant and its your life, and you dont have to listen to anyone. I just cant understand the mentality of a person who would no more play russian roulette, but will risk the same thing (in a longer time frame) with smoking.
All I can say is I'm young, dumb and full of.. .. well you know the saying. One of these days reality will slap me in the face.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:41 PM
When I use to smoke I would crack the window a inch or so and let the lit smoke sit as close to that as possible. This sucked out most the smoke. Then, when I was done, I opened the windows and that blasted the stale air into the cab. Then whenever possible I parked I opened the windows.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:10 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Come on, folks - quit ******* him about smoking. He knows the risks and all you clowns are doing is alienating him. This is not the place to do that, this is a place where he can get help in taking care of the damage to his TRUCK, not his lungs. How would you beer drinkers like it if everywhere you went, people ragged on you about the evils of alcohol? Same principle!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:23 PM
It just means we care man...

Hey, we all do things that are not good for us, but busting ***** has to have limits.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:47 PM
It's all good friends. There's nothing anybody here or anywhere for that matter can say to change a person's mind. Well, maybe if they're 5'3", red haired and have certain features......

Old 02-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by attworth
It's all good friends. There's nothing anybody here or anywhere for that matter can say to change a person's mind. Well, maybe if they're 5'3", red haired and have certain features......
Red on the head like a dik on a dog.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
That's not EXACTLY what I had in mind.

Quick Reply: #23 Odor Eliminator?