#23 Odor Eliminator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
#23 Odor Eliminator?

Anybody ever use this product? Natural Look works great for a few days, looking for maybe a week long fix.

RR: Don't say quit smoking. It's out of the question.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:30 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Go to Walmart and pick up a bottle of Odo-Ban. That works better on cigarette smoke than anything else I've tried. It makes Febreeze look and smell like crap.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Suspended
Stop smoking, it's bad for you.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Suspended
you could smoke outside your truck, that way your truck wouldnt smell as bad....

Old 02-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Can't coment on the #23.

Tricks that have worked for me for years.

Never have one lit with you pull up and park for a period of time. i.e. get it thrown out the window before you get to the parking lot. Will give some time for air to circulate in before you park. This is the one that's given me the biggest change by far. Eliminates that stagnant smoke that will sink into everything in a sealed up vehicle.

Crack windows every once in a while over night.

Febreeze "auto" works well for me.

Never leave butts in a vehicle.

I have a friend that bought one of those 12V ionizers. Works wonders on cars that have been traded in at his dealership. Was a really nice one though. Quite expensive.

Might not always get it all but I was able to go for years without my family knowing I was smoking (when I was younger) and people I had just met that rode in my trucks never knew I smoked till I lit one up.

edit: One thing I forgot is that when stopped especially at a light and if the weather permits it at all I'll have the window open and hang it completely out of the vehicle. Reducing stagnant smoke as well.

I might also add that I smoke cigars which might at first smell more strongly, have proven to have a smell that is more easily removed then back when I was smoking ciggarettes.

Last edited by Jolly_Green_Giant; 02-18-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Quitting - no option.

Smoking outside - no option. Daily commute plus stressful job =

What's weird is people who get in my truck usually think it just smells like cologne. I notice it a lot though especially when I first get in. I'd crack my windows at night, but lately it's been real moist in the morning. I'd rather my truck smell like smoke than mildew. I do sometimes smoke when just sitting though, that probably doesn't help matters any.

Thanks for all the pointers. Except for Thump.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by attworth
Quitting - no option.

Smoking outside - no option. Daily commute plus stressful job =

What's weird is people who get in my truck usually think it just smells like cologne. I notice it a lot though especially when I first get in. I'd crack my windows at night, but lately it's been real moist in the morning. I'd rather my truck smell like smoke than mildew. I do sometimes smoke when just sitting though, that probably doesn't help matters any.

Thanks for all the pointers. Except for Thump.
A common misconception about smoking. Yes, the act of inhailing and exhailing are stress relievers, however, smoking raises bp and heart rate (stress inducers). Try a deep breathing excercise when you are stressed out. It will work wonders and you will be "de-stressed".

Old 02-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by gators241987
A common misconception about smoking. Yes, the act of inhailing and exhailing are stress relievers, however, smoking raises bp and heart rate (stress inducers). Try a deep breathing excercise when you are stressed out. It will work wonders and you will be "de-stressed".
I prefer the "high" accumulated from nicotine.

I used to take yoga so I know all about the deep breathing exercises.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by attworth
I prefer the "high" accumulated from nicotine.

I used to take yoga so I know all about the deep breathing exercises.
go fly in an airplane. ha, but no, i have some ordered and when i try it out, i will def post about my thoughts on it.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of #23. Cig-smoke is a unique beast that is nearly impossible to conquer.

The best results would be achieved by an ozone machine but, even then, you're going to still have it. #23 will certainly not hinder but, it's masking more than it's removing.

The bottom line -- it's going to smell like smoke. There is *no* silver bullet on this one.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by RockPick
Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of #23. Cig-smoke is a unique beast that is nearly impossible to conquer.

The best results would be achieved by an ozone machine but, even then, you're going to still have it. #23 will certainly not hinder but, it's masking more than it's removing.

The bottom line -- it's going to smell like smoke. There is *no* silver bullet on this one.
......not smoking. is the horse dead yet?

Old 02-19-2008, 12:21 AM
When I got my truck I got it from someone who smoked. It was terrible. I went and got like 6 of those little jars from Walmart.. with the No Smoking sign on them.. They definitely don't smell amazing but I kept them in there for several weeks then replaced them with some good smelling stuff while leaving 2 under the seats and no one can tell anymore.. It was way more effective then I thought it would be.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gators241987
......not smoking. is the horse dead yet?
Touché

Old 02-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by novsun88
When I got my truck I got it from someone who smoked. It was terrible. I went and got like 6 of those little jars from Walmart.. with the No Smoking sign on them.. They definitely don't smell amazing but I kept them in there for several weeks then replaced them with some good smelling stuff while leaving 2 under the seats and no one can tell anymore.. It was way more effective then I thought it would be.
Ive used those before to, but keep in mind I smoke maybe 6-7 cigarettes a day in my truck between school/work/home/trips to the store/etc.

One of those little perks I gotta live with, like the prospects of cancer I suppose.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:35 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Have any of you - besides me - actually TRIED Odo-Ban? I'm VERY satisfied with it for killing smoke odors.

Quick Reply: #23 Odor Eliminator?