Autogeek water filter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autogeek water filter?

http://www.autogeek.net/clinhofianda.html

Anybody know anything about these? Do they work? 80 bucks for a kit isn't bad. My water isn't really hard, but like any water it does have minerals in it. I wouldn't mind spending a little bit to reduce this.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Sorry, need more clarity. I'd probably be interested in the water softener filter. Maybe even the one that comes with two (130$)

Last edited by attworth; 02-19-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
I am currently using a similar setup from Pure Water Products. You can find their stuff here: http://www.pwgazette.com/gardenhosefilters.htm . I am using the double filter setup with a sediment and softener filters. I am on a well and the water is extremely hard and contains small amounts of sediment. So far, I have been very pleased with it's performance in reducing water spots and hopefully removing any sediment that may remain on the paint while I'm drying. The only downside of the setup is a slight drop in line pressure, but not a significant amount.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
No, the AG filter will hardly do anything. I had it and tested it with my TDS meter and my ppm readings did not change much. If you want a filter that will actually work, then look into CRSpotless.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The SpotFree H20 system isn't too shabby. I've tested it utilizing the Myron L water meter that we have at work (measures just about everything). While it's short of the CR system, I don't have the expense of replacing filters and such.

Search here for it... I have a pretty lengthy review somewhere.

Quick Reply: Autogeek water filter?