Interior Trim

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Trim

What Do you Use to bring that Shine to Everything? I "Detail" Cars at a collision shop and We got a car in that had JUST been detailed before it had gotten in a Collision. The Car was almost 10 Years Old, but they (detailers) did an AWESOME job on the inside. I'm not looking for say... Armor All wipes. I want something that I can Possibly Apply with a Brush, for use on all the HVAC controls/Radio Etc.

I tried an "All Purpose Dressing" that I found...But I didnt achieve the results I was looking for.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Suspended
megs dash and trim foam works great imo.

Last edited by gators241987; 02-21-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It really depends on the look that you're wanting to achieve...

Are you looking for, what I call, the 'Silicone Slathered' look (ultra shine that looks good to some but may be dangerous with the reflection/windshield thing)...

Or, are you looking for a matte look with UV protection and such?

Also, it sounds as though this may be more of a 'volume' product - i.e., you're going to be using a bunch of it?

Old 02-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer in the spray bottle not really a fan of the quick wipes, also 303 Protectant both will provide some protection for the dash. If your looking to darken or "shine" the dash you could try Hyperdressing dilluted 4:1. It should give the dash a little shine but not to much.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:38 PM
My .02 FWIW

Poorboys Natural Look Dressing.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 PM
I guess im looking for a good medium. I dont want it to look so Shiny thats its messy looking, but I dont want it looking like I didnt touch it.

And RR, I dont think I'll be using this at work yet. I'll try it for myself, then maybe try to get the Boss to Buy some for us to use at work.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by Skrewd
I guess im looking for a good medium. I dont want it to look so Shiny thats its messy looking, but I dont want it looking like I didnt touch it.

And RR, I dont think I'll be using this at work yet. I'll try it for myself, then maybe try to get the Boss to Buy some for us to use at work.
PB Natural look is just that. Not shiny and as for medium, well that depends on how you want to apply. If you want to use a brush or a foam brush, put some in a dish or cut dixie cup and pour it in, dip the brush. Its wasteful that way but if you want to apply with a brush that is the only way.

Best of luck.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Skrewd

well shoot, id get him to try some Swissvax Divine personal wax. Report back your findings.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm still new to this while detailing thing but i use a product from turtle wax (gasp i know), but it gives me a decent outcome....not extremely shiny but they is a small glass to it.... I'm using it till it runs out then might order some PB stuff

Just spray and work in evenly... once its dry its dry...

its available just about everywhere

Last edited by Meffects01; 02-22-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would concur with RR's recommendation for the product you've described but, it's really not going to be a good 'volume' product. For one, it's not cheap and, for two, it's not very good sprayed (from my experience).

Tinker with it and see what you think...

PRO makes a dressing or two that could fit your bill... The Blue (can't remember what exactly it's called) may work quite well for what you've described.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:47 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
I do not like ANY shine on the interior - I only want clean and protected - so I use QID.

Quick Reply: Interior Trim