How to safely remove grease from Paint HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to safely remove grease from Paint HELP!

Ok, my fiance was on her way home the other day and somehow got grease all down the drivers side of her car. Im guessing from a Semi on the Interstate. It is a 2003 VW Passat, Canyon Red Pearl is the color if that matters. The grease is on the drivers and passenger doors just above the lower door molding. If necessary I can get pictures. I wiped off the bi clumps that were there but it is still stuck to the paint. I know gasoline will take it off but that can screw up the paint. Any advice?

Old 02-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by 2005lariatky
Ok, my fiance was on her way home the other day and somehow got grease all down the drivers side of her car. Im guessing from a Semi on the Interstate. It is a 2003 VW Passat, Canyon Red Pearl is the color if that matters. The grease is on the drivers and passenger doors just above the lower door molding. If necessary I can get pictures. I wiped off the bi clumps that were there but it is still stuck to the paint. I know gasoline will take it off but that can screw up the paint. Any advice?
Sight unseen its kind of hard to call, but my fist choice for this would be to use 303 Cleaner, diluted. Regardless, there are a number of ways to remove it. It would be my recommendation that after you do get the grease off, you go ahead, re clay and polish, then LSP (wax) the are since all of the degreasers are going to remove any LSP that was there.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 AM
I forgot to add that she ran it through a touch car wash yesterday and it didnt come off in there.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by 2005lariatky
I forgot to add that she ran it through a touch car wash yesterday and it didnt come off in there.
This is not something that will be washed off, it will have to be removed by hand.

Elbow grease, pardon the pun.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Wax and grease remover or mineral spirits. Once greased is cleaned off, wash truck and re wax either the whole truck or just the spot you used the solvent on.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Dawn Dish soap works great!!!! just mix up sum in a bucket with water and get a soft rag and it will come off with a little work. After it is off I would put a coat of wax on the car just to be safe

Old 02-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by GotSand?
Dawn Dish soap works great!!!! just mix up sum in a bucket with water and get a soft rag and it will come off with a little work. After it is off I would put a coat of wax on the car just to be safe
I know you said put a coat of wax on the car and all but something about your posts screams you don't know this so I'll go ahead. Dawn strips all of the waxes.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:30 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Try bug and tar remover with a grunge MF.

Quick Reply: How to safely remove grease from Paint HELP!