Zaino Products

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008 | 12:41 AM
|
Zaino Products

First, let me say I am pretty new here. I have been reading the posts for about 2 weeks and have been surprised that very little people mention Zaino. Am I one of the few that absolutely loves this product? After using it for the first time I swore I would never use anything else. I just did my truck this weekend. My wife came out a couple of times and said, "Are you still washing that d&*m truck?" Sorry I did not get some real up close pics like most of you do, but think it looks great.

Old 03-03-2008 | 12:59 AM
Emmitt

Zaino products are talked about here often its just that other products are talked about much more often.

Part of being OCD about detailing is that knowing which products do what and using the right products to solve a wide range of problems. From micro marring, paint defects, paint correction, concealers, leveling, major scratches etc, there are products and tools to make it better.

Most of the OCD detailer here, including myself prefer to use the products they are comfortable with and know in great detail. For me its Poorboys but I also have knowledge and experince in various other product lines. I have never used Zaino and honestly I don't plan on it but based on what others say and the results, I know they are good products. I just went a different path.

I know that Rock, Boss, Gip, 03Mustang and a few others have much, much more experince with Z products.

Net is, there are many ways to achieve similar results, it comes down to how you want to get there.

BTW, your wife will get used to you spending hours on your truck. My details usually take between 8-24 hours.

Last edited by RollingRock; 03-03-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-03-2008 | 01:09 AM
i got the ultimate kit for Christmas. So far i've only used the car wash soap, and the leather cleaner and polish. They have been EXCELLENT so far. I also have many defects in my paint that I will have to take care of with other products (i.e. meguairs 83,80, etc) and just goign to continue with that trend. I'm fairly excited to try the Zaino stuff, just at a different time. Truck looks great by the way!

Old 03-03-2008 | 09:49 AM
There are actually a number of us OCD types who like Zaino products. Like Rolling Rock said though, there are lots of great products out there. One of the best things about the folks who really know their stuff in these forums is that they all realize that there’s no one line of products that fits all needs. Personal preference plays a big part here. Therefore, most of us pick and choose based on exactly what we need. One thing that does seem to be true about Zaino products though is that for the most part, they are only designed to work with each other – particularly when you get into their polishes / sealants and detailing sprays.

Having said all that, I too love the look that Zaino products give my truck and have always been impressed with the duration of that look. Best of all, the stuff is easy to use. Nice job on your truck and keep up the good work!

Old 03-03-2008 | 10:27 AM
I absolutely love Zaino and have not considered using anything else because I'm so impressed and satisfied with the results that Zaino gives me. Excellent product line and very easy to use.

I first learned about Zaino from a different car forum that I was on before I bought my truck. Over there, Zaino was what the majority of people used - very popular.

Old 03-03-2008 | 11:34 AM
I'm also a big fan of Zaino Brothers products. I've used them for years, and love the results!

Old 03-03-2008 | 11:54 AM
I used nothing but Zaino on my Mustang, and the results were excellent. I plan to Zaino the truck whenever the weather allows it.
Freaking tornadoes last night and snow this morning. WTF

ZAINO SHINE

and Another

Old 03-03-2008 | 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by OKCF-150-FX2
I used nothing but Zaino on my Mustang, and the results were excellent. I plan to Zaino the truck whenever the weather allows it.

ZAINO SHINE

and Another
That's a sweet car man

Old 03-03-2008 | 11:39 PM
|
Originally Posted by OKCF-150-FX2

ZAINO SHINE

and Another
Haha that is the same way I got into using it. Had a 03 Cobra and got on some Mustang Forums. Seemed like everyone on there was using it, so figured I need to try it. Fell in love with it. The ease of application and removal is what I love.

Old 03-04-2008 | 07:13 AM
Zaino makes some great products!

Here's what I like about Zaino...

The "real" ability to add multiple layers for added protection/looks.

Sal is constantly updating/improving his products... usually without any fan-fare. A prime example is Z8. I believe it's on it's 2nd or 3rd update without most people even knowing.

What I don't like about Zaino...

IMHO, on certain colors, it doesn't add the "POP" that some other products do.

Sal does not "bulk" package any of his products with a discount. I think this really stinks. I believe that Sal should give his loyal customers a price break and at least package products like the wash (Z7), the QD (Z6) and spray sealant (Z8) in bulk sizes (32 ounce, 64 ounce). He could also do the same with Z2/Z5 Pro and package them in 16/32 ounce sizes.

Old 03-04-2008 | 08:30 AM
Ive thrown a few bucks at Zaino in the past. IMHO, if you are a weekend warrior that loves to keep up on the way your truck looks and you dont have access to fancy buffers, Zaino is your answer. It is by far the best product applicable by hand. Goes on easy, comes off easy and I feel it yields results better than any other product applied via hand, not machine. (provided your paint isnt damaged, and you keep up with finish maintenance) On the other hand, if you do have access to a buffer, there are better products out there for the money, IMHO.

I dont use it anymore, simply because it just doesnt work for me. And I agree is Boss_429, on certain colors, it just doesnt seem to "pop" as well as other products. Its always going to come down to what works the best for you and your situation.

Old 03-04-2008 | 09:11 AM
Suspended
Maybe when my stash of #16 runs out ..

Old 03-17-2008 | 04:46 PM
Could use some help.
Is there a retail distributor in the Cincinnati area?
Can't get Zaino consistently in Calgary and I will be in Cincinnati next weekend. Can't order it shipped to Canada. If someone here knows of an outlet I can drive to I will pick some up while I am there.
Thanks in advance.

Old 03-17-2008 | 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429

IMHO, on certain colors, it doesn't add the "POP" that some other products do.
I have silver and i get comments all the time about the type of wax i use.

Old 03-17-2008 | 05:49 PM
I just called Zaino and there is no distributor in Ohio.
Have to order on line.
Too bad.

Quick Reply: Zaino Products