2 Things to share

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Things to share

Just getting around to posting this as I have been busy with work.

I washed the truck the other day (last Sat) after a full detail a few weeks back. Noticed that I had micro marring or LSP marring on the B and C pillars but no where else on the truck. hmmmm....

It had me really, really pissed that I worked so hard to get all that out and here it is again.

I didn't want to get the DA out and fix it so I thought I would give the PB QW+ another shot. (some of you remember my take on this product from last year) The last time I used QW+ I didn't really notice any improvement, however, that was due to me topping it over Nattys 1 week after a detail. So I put on the pillars, and what do you know, it had filling properties in it. Micro marring almost gone. Pillars look 90% better. I am going to do another experiment with photos. This is a temporary fix though, not sure on how long QW+ will last but it was interesting to see it conceal.

#2, my Megs #16 is sitting right in front of me.

<EOM>

Old 03-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock

Noticed that I had micro marring or LSP marring on the B and C pillars but no where else on the truck. hmmmm....
Any idea why? My truck still looks wonderful except right behind my fake doors and parts of the tailgate. Kinda weird.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by attworth
Any idea why? My truck still looks wonderful except right behind my fake doors and parts of the tailgate. Kinda weird.
Only thing I can think of is I somehow marred the area. Could be a few factors but i sat there and stared at it for about an hour tying to figure it out myself. Then I tried the QW+ on it and it worked way better than I thought it would.

I have to wash again on Thursday or Friday so I will see how i t is holding up after about a week.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:05 PM
That's always the first place it happens for me. You know how glass is technically a liquid??? Maybe the waxes and fillers are somehow "dripping" down the paint.... I dunno, just a wild guess.

Why cant this be multiple choice???

Old 03-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
That's always the first place it happens for me. You know how glass is technically a liquid??? Maybe the waxes and fillers are somehow "dripping" down the paint.... I dunno, just a wild guess.

Why cant this be multiple choice???

Don't worry. I confuse myself as much as you.

Quick Reply: 2 Things to share