How to clean Salt and Crud on wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to clean Salt and Crud on wheels.

I got some Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels and after the recent snowstorm we had, all the salt and crud accumulated on them and my lug nuts developed rust and my wheels have crud that I can't seem to get off. They also look really dull. I tried some all wheel cleaner but it didn't seem to work. Is there any product out there that can I can use to clean my wheels and get some shine back.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by aflores61
I got some Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels and after the recent snowstorm we had, all the salt and crud accumulated on them and my lug nuts developed rust and my wheels have crud that I can't seem to get off. They also look really dull. I tried some all wheel cleaner but it didn't seem to work. Is there any product out there that can I can use to clean my wheels and get some shine back.
Are they clear-coated, chrome, polished aluminum?

Old 03-13-2008, 08:34 PM
They are polished aluminum.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:41 PM
If you're looking for something locally... Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish is good. NXT All Metal Polish is also a good choice.

There are some better products available on-line, not sure if you want to wait that long or order on-line.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks, I try local first and get some mothers since I can get it quicker. I feel like my wheels are done for if I don't get the crud off of them. Thanks again.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by aflores61
Thanks, I try local first and get some mothers since I can get it quicker. I feel like my wheels are done for if I don't get the crud off of them. Thanks again.
No problem!

After you get them cleaned up, consider keeping a good coat of synthetic wax on them.

Good Luck.

Quick Reply: How to clean Salt and Crud on wheels.