P21s

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P21s

Curious to know if anyone has tried any of the products called P21S. I was told they are pretty good, and work well by hand. What do you guys think ?

Old 03-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Its great stuff. One of may favorites. I have a pc but I always put it on by hand. Goes on and off real easy.

Here it is on my truck https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...highlight=p21s

Last edited by Sleestak; 03-14-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been semi-involved in product testing for P21S over the past couple of years.

They make some very nice stuff. I'd stop short of saying that the products are best if used by hand -- products like their Paintwork Cleanser, like many abrasive polish products, will yield better results by machine application as it's more efficient.

As for their last step products -- great stuff by hand. While I'm not certain, I believe I actually product tested their newest product (the 100% Carnauba Wax) (we aren't told what we're using most of the time -- a couple of small jars with a series of digits simply shows up in a box with a survey).

I *LOVED* one of the two testers that I had that particular round... Thinking back, it's likely that the one I was using was the 100% version. It was lumpy and didn't stick together well in the container... Suprisingly, it was quite durable IMO.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:49 PM
I found it while looking for weather tech floor mats at an independant autoparts place. I think I would use the Paintwork cleanser and the new 100% carnauba wax. That should remove minor swirls and scratches correct ? Should I use clay first ? I was washing the truck the other day and it has some funny marks (tiny rust colored specks) on the paint in a few places that I am assuming are just from a harsh winter. (My truck is white.)

And does anyone know how I can tell the difference between good and not so good MF towels ? What happens if I use middle of the road MF on my paint ?

Thanks

Old 03-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by jamieFF
I found it while looking for weather tech floor mats at an independant autoparts place. I think I would use the Paintwork cleanser and the new 100% carnauba wax. That should remove minor swirls and scratches correct ? Should I use clay first ? I was washing the truck the other day and it has some funny marks (tiny rust colored specks) on the paint in a few places that I am assuming are just from a harsh winter. (My truck is white.)

And does anyone know how I can tell the difference between good and not so good MF towels ? What happens if I use middle of the road MF on my paint ?

Thanks

The rust spots are from rail dust. My truck had it. Clay will remove it. You can also use S100 wax. It can be found at most Harley Davidson dealers. Its the same as P21s (some will not agree) and a lot less expensive. A good way to test a MF is to rub it against a blank CD. If it leaves marks then its no good.

http://www.topoftheline.com/s100motorcyclewax.html

Last edited by Sleestak; 03-14-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Moderator &

P21S now has a couple of waxes... S100 isn't the same as their 100% Carnauba. It is, however, in my opinion, the same as the regular P21S (the non-100% version).

As for the rusty specs, see Sleestak's post. Clay will likely deal with that.

If your swirls are moderate, the Paintwork Cleanser will likely do fine by hand. It will be a pretty lofty task by hand, though. It can be done...

A little better choice for you may be to go with something that has a tad of fillers in it -- that is, if you're going by hand. I say that only because I think you may find that you're not really accomplishing all that much by hand.

Honestly, a quality cleaner wax may be the better choice if all you're wanting to do is deal with very minor swirling and add some protection...

Naturally, if you're wanting to go all out, spend your arms (sore), and do it the right way --- well then, yeah... go for the PWC and then top it with the 100%... If you want a little higher level of protection, you may consider utilizing a synthetic BEFORE the 100%.

-RP-

Old 03-14-2008, 07:26 PM
a synthetic like megs NXT 2.0 ?

The best results then will come from using a DA For the first two products (PWC and NXT)?

Is a DA and a Random Orbit the same thing?

Thanks for you help guys !!!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Moderator &

NXT is an option. It's a pretty solid product that should be readily available. Another product is Mother's SynWax.

DA = PC = G100 = G110 (kind of) = 7424 = 7336 = 7335 = Porter Cable = Dual Action

I think a random orbit would fall into same category...

Old 03-14-2008, 10:39 PM
I didnt know about the 100% carnuba version. I might have to give it a try.

Quick Reply: P21s