Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Advice

I am going to detail the truck tomorrow morning and need some advice..

-which one should i use:
Adams detail kit or
meguiars detail kit

and i really one have one drying towl and it is the adams towl that came with it all of the others are "too used" if you know what i mean.

any tricks or anything would help!

i will be cleaning the interior as well.

thanks,
Travis

Old 03-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Hmm.... dunno if what are in each kits, but both are good brands. The only thing I can think of is have patience. Read the sticky on top if you haven't already. Remember use the two bucket method!

Good Luck!

Old 03-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by TJADAMS
any tricks or anything would help!
Go get some more good MF towels and a good drying towel would be my first advise.

Get us some pics when it's all pretty.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In most cases, TJ, the specific brand of the product becomes more of a personal preference than an absolute determining factor on how your detail will turn out.

As has been mentioned, it's all in the preparation of the paint, your technique, your patience level, and your overall time input that will ultimately set your paint apart from the rest.

Adams has some great products - I've tried several. Meguiar's makes darn good stuff too - I've tried nearly all of them.

That choice is going to have to come down to your comfort level with the products. Either way, technique, technique, technique...

Any 'Joe Blow' can wax a vehicle and make it shiny.... It's the ancillary steps - the clay, the polish, the polish again, the polish again, the glaze, the attention to detail - that will make a vehicle stand out...

Old 03-15-2008, 12:59 PM
I washed the truck this morning. I wash the truck in parts because i am not fast enough yet to get it all clean and dry before water spots come back. Well here is the story, I washed the tailgate first and dried it and everything than i moved on to the passenger side of the truck and after i already sprayed that side down i went to look at the tailgate and it already was GREEN again from the pollen. I asked my dad to come out for advice and we decided to just finish washing the truck and not to wax it or anything of that sort besides drying it. There was no way i could have done anything but drying it because of the pollen. When you look down the street when a big gust of wind comes you can see sheets of pollen. I will try to go take pics even though it is not detailed or anything. Sorry for the let down guys (trust me i wanted to do everything to it today)

thanks,

Travis

Old 03-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
In most cases, TJ, the specific brand of the product becomes more of a personal preference than an absolute determining factor on how your detail will turn out.

As has been mentioned, it's all in the preparation of the paint, your technique, your patience level, and your overall time input that will ultimately set your paint apart from the rest.

Adams has some great products - I've tried several. Meguiar's makes darn good stuff too - I've tried nearly all of them.

That choice is going to have to come down to your comfort level with the products. Either way, technique, technique, technique...

Any 'Joe Blow' can wax a vehicle and make it shiny.... It's the ancillary steps - the clay, the polish, the polish again, the polish again, the glaze, the attention to detail - that will make a vehicle stand out...
That certainly sums up my thoughts on the subject!

I particularly like the "polish, polish again, then polish again part!!!!

Quick Reply: Need Advice