What makes YOU OCD?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
+1 could not have said it better myself, all though i take it a step farther and even wipe down my engine bay with the same tire shine i use to keep all the rubber in there looking as clean as the rest! Well actually I hit all the black rubber with it, including window and door seals... I may go a little overboard but thats how they stay nice so long!
HD works great on the engine.

I clean my wheel wells and use HD on them as well. I do the weatherstriping every oil change.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by attworth
HD works great on the engine.

I clean my wheel wells and use HD on them as well. I do the weatherstriping every oil change.
Maybe a dumb question but i am seriously drawing a blank right now so here it is. What does hd stand for?

And I also hate when people have the nerve to lean/ sit on vehicles, makes me cringe, And when cats jump up on the truck! I cant do nothing bout it bc its my neighbors cat! Oh one other big one people who DOOR DING! I live in constant fear of the door ding in parking lots.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Suspended
HD = Hyperdressing

Old 03-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
Maybe a dumb question but i am seriously drawing a blank right now so here it is. What does hd stand for?

And I also hate when people have the nerve to lean/ sit on vehicles, makes me cringe, And when cats jump up on the truck! I cant do nothing bout it bc its my neighbors cat! Oh one other big one people who DOOR DING! I live in constant fear of the door ding in parking lots.
What's worse is the black birds that hang out on campus. They like to sit on my bed rails and tool box. Nothing like hosing off my freshly cleaned truck every night cause some bird felt comfy enough to turd down the side of it.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Well i forgot to mention that i do touch up the engine bay and trim when i get a chance, using tire dressing. I have so much hot shine tire gel there's no point for me to buy a gallon of HD yet. IF i ever run out though, i will try out some HD

Old 03-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Iam4st8
Well i forgot to mention that i do touch up the engine bay and trim when i get a chance, using tire dressing. I have so much hot shine tire gel there's no point for me to buy a gallon of HD yet. IF i ever run out though, i will try out some HD
HD makes hot shines look like child's play.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:02 AM
My OCD actually goes back about 15 years. My mother thought about having me see a shrink because of it when I was a teenager.

The majority of my cars have been dark blue or black. Every day when I would get home, the car would get backed in the garage and wiped down before I would set foot out of the garage. To this day, I still do this. It's killing me not being able to use my garage right now...damn apt complex. If friends wanted to go out and there was a chance of rain, I'd make them come pick me up so I didn't have to drive in it.

I'm better in some ways now, but worse in others. If the truck is clean and there is a chance of rain, it'll sit in the garage and I'll take the car. The car is much easier to clean. The inside of the rims gets cleaned as best I can with every wash, but cleaned and waxed with every rotate. In both my truck and last car (moreso in the car because it shows better with a tan interior), there were always vacuum lines in the carpet. People have commented that they've never seen me with a dirty vehicle....and most haven't. It's nice working for dealerships where I have access to the detail bays.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:09 AM
Alright... black paint = hell ... but when shes clean wow, i keep my mothers car kit in the truck, i also have one of the Mr clean No dry thing works great!! but i have a question, how much is too much waxing. In the beginning i was waxing every 2 weeks and my mother told me its a bad idea, im not sur ehow much she knows but if i start seeing primer spots cuz my paints going away... i just dont know what id do... Is my OCD

Old 03-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Too much waxing can lead to nasty wax build up. You'll start noticing little "boogers" all over your paint. RR can attest to that, and has a picture somewhere.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Drdudsads
My truck gets washed at least twice a month. once by the qickie drive through one and then at the middle to end of the month I wash it by hand. I usually vaccum the truck every weekend as well as keep the interior looking spotless.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Suspended
Every 2 weeks is WAY too much.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:07 AM
O woops good to know then, I think im over the every two weeks. Now its just about once a month but i do whipe her down ever morning with my micro fiber. having a long muddy driveway with pot holes that could break an axel is no help either but driving very very slow helps

Old 03-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Drdudsads
So I should cut it down to about once a month with washing by hand then?

Old 03-23-2008, 01:10 PM
nothing like a fresh clean ride. after it rains all that road grim sticks right to your truck, hate it. whats some good wheel cleaner???

Old 03-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Desert Racer
So I should cut it down to about once a month with washing by hand then?
If you have the right technique and supplies then you can wash twice a day, it wouldn't matter. Thumper is referring to waxing. You shouldn't wax but once every two months even with severe OCD. More waxing is ok.. But if you wax A LOT then make sure you clay or wash with dish soap to remove previous layers of wax to prevent buildup.

Honestly, with todays products... We could wax once a YEAR and be fine, with a little less shine and protection in later months however.

Originally Posted by Kennon
nothing like a fresh clean ride. after it rains all that road grim sticks right to your truck, hate it. whats some good wheel cleaner???
Megs all wheel cleaner does the job for basically any type of rim you are talking about. If your talking about tires on the other hand, try some simple green diluted properly and follow with your favorite tire dressing. I havn't used simple green but hear nothing but positives about it! Just keep it off the rim, just to be safe.

-B

Quick Reply: What makes YOU OCD?