Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick Question

I am on www.autodetailingsolutions.com looking to detail my truck next weekend and when i searched i found you all talk about the product numbers ,Can some one tell me what to ues on my truck and what goes in what order .I knows you start with a warsh and than clay but after that i got no clue ,Thanks

Old 03-20-2008, 10:35 AM
You will want to check out the stickies at the top of the page. They will give you most of the information you'll need to know. Once you know all the acronyms and basic processes, post again and we'll be happy to help clear anything up.

Generally, a detail consists of (these steps will vary,):

Wash
Clay
Polish/paint correction
Seal
LSP (usually a wax)

Sometimes there's 2 or 3 steps, sometimes there's 5 or 6. Just depends on how in-depth you want to get and what products you want to use.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Yea i ready the sticky , I mostly jsut use stuff off the store selfs , i was looking it to doing a really deep detailing , speeding alot of time getting it right . ANd whats so great about this #16 stuff?

Old 03-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Are you doing it all by hand or with a machine?

#16 is supposedly a really good wax that was discontinued by Meguiar's. It has a good look, and really good durability. The two sought after things from a wax. I've never used it though, so I can't attest to it's greatness.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
#16 is a carnauba wax. Very difficult to find though, it's long discontinued.

If you use off the shelf stuff, wash, clay, then steps 1 and 2 of the Deep Crystal system (cleaner, then polish), then 2 coats of NXT 2.0 12 hours apart followed 12 hours later with a pure carnauba.

Quick Reply: Quick Question