give me a 60 degree afternoon and a day off work....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great. Nice color too. I'm going to wake up early tomorrow and clay/polish my truck.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Sleestak
Looks great. Nice color too. I'm going to wake up early tomorrow and clay/polish my truck.
I'm going to do mine next weekend. The new paint has hit the 90 day cure period so I'll be able to finally wax everything.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I'm going to do mine next weekend. The new paint has hit the 90 day cure period so I'll be able to finally wax everything.
I assume you're talking about the black Mustang? Nice car!! The local dealer has one hardtop and one convertible GT-500 I can drool over but can't afford.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:36 AM
Just trolling tonight....packing up and getting read to come back to DFW, truck looks great, nice work.

Well done.

JP

Old 03-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by klc317
...and I can revive my '07 FX2 from it's salty winter mess. I did:

Thorough wash with dish soap (using the 2 bucket method) to strip off what might have been left of the last NXT coat from last November. I was not disappointed in the NXT. My truck was delivered to the dealer in late March of '07 and sat until I bought it in early Oct. '07. I gave it one coat of wax (after a clay) and it still was beading some now after a long salty winter.

Using a 50/50 mix of Simple Green and water in a small garden sprayer I soaked down the entire undercarriage and thouroughly rinsed everything out.

Used the same 50/50 mix on the tires, wheelwells, and engine and also used SOS pads on the tires white letters. Even got up under and cleaned the backsides of the wheels to get all the barke dust off. Yeah, I'm picky.

Used up an entire clay bar (had some tar on the truck) and got it slick and smooth.

Washed again with dish soap

Applied a coat of Meguires NXT liquid

Put on a fresh coat of Rain-X to all the windows

Used regualar old cheapo tire shine on the tires, undercarriage, and wheelwells. Why buy expensive stuff?

Tried out my new bunch of microfiber towels to dry with and wipe off the wax and I am impressed. Very easy to use and I love the fact that they are so gentle on the paint.

Heres some pics (don't mind our boxer, she is photogenic):

Waiting on my big jug of Hyperdressing to arrive to try for the first time this season. I'm sure I'll be happy with it judging by all I have read. I'll throw on a coat of caranuba when the weather allows again for a deeper shine. Supposed to get cold again this weekend.
I love love love the perrelli scorpion tires on the new trucks.. So much nicer than what came stock on mine.

Detail looks good bro! Tell us how you like that HD though, i'll be ordering some here sooner or later. & i have yet to hear a bad review.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:09 AM
Drdudsads
Truck looks great man!

Old 03-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Iam4st8
I love love love the perrelli scorpion tires on the new trucks.. So much nicer than what came stock on mine.

Detail looks good bro! Tell us how you like that HD though, i'll be ordering some here sooner or later. & i have yet to hear a bad review.
The tires are pretty nice. Did pretty good in the snow for a 2wd truck over the winter. The only thing I don't like about them is that they flat-spot after sitting overninght especially when it's cold weather. Seems to be getting less frequent though for some reason.

I have my jug of HD now but it's been crappy rainy weather here the past few days and looks to be the same for the weekend so the truck is dirty again and I won't get to try it out until the next nice weather weekend.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:03 PM
I really love the RED and hopefully will have another red vehicle someday! How many & what mods have you put on your truck?

Old 03-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Powercat
I really love the RED and hopefully will have another red vehicle someday! How many & what mods have you put on your truck?
Mods? Just a few thing so far...

Magnaflow 3" SI/SO stainless catback, Airaid MIT, Alpine H/U, (4) Pioneer 3-ways (that I bought last year and already had), Sirius tuner, Ipod interface, 22" wiper mod/re-indexed wiper arms, Silverstar head, fog, and turn signal bulbs, Extang tonneau, A/C tested and brought up to proper pressure (38psi), mine was way low from the factory.
Switched to synthetic oil on its first oil change and will eventually do the rest of the fluids the same way. (only have just over 3400 miles on the truck so far and I've had it for over 6 months...hehe)
Removed...factory drop in bedliner, 1" rear lift blocks.

Soon to come....

First priority...Tuning (either Troyer or Edge) and maybe a CAI along with it but I doubt it. I don't care for the shop vac sound.
Front door window tint to match the rest of the rear windows, 1.5" GF rear lowering, and Line-X.
Hopefully a Pionner Avic-D3 or something similar with the works but I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. Wife says it's pay off bills year.

Last edited by klc317; 03-28-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Just trolling tonight....packing up and getting read to come back to DFW, truck looks great, nice work.

Well done.

JP
From what I've seen on these forums getting a compliment from you about a clean truck is a real treat...lol!...thanks! Any suggestions you have are welcome.

Been a nasty salty winter and I'm just glad to have some sort of cleanliness back to our vehicles and garage.

Quick Reply: give me a 60 degree afternoon and a day off work....