My paint sealant experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My paint sealant experience

My cousin had a new F-250 with a Dupont paint sealant applied by the dealership. He talked about how great it was and that how long it would last. Of course he had to use their wash and polish to keep it under warrenty. I told him about a sealant that I had and that it made a big difference on my 97 F-150. To make a long story short, he trades in truck because of poor mileage and gets a F-150. He wants it detailed cause it was poorly cleaned by the dealership. Last saturday we apply the following products. Revive, Jet seal 109, and 5150 wax. He couldn't believe how much better it looked, and that the Dupont sealant he paid a lot of money for wasn't any better looking that what we did. Today I worked on my work truck that I have polished with a buffer numerous times. I applied the revive and then the sealant, and the truck never looked better. I am definately sold on the sealant now that I figured out what made it work properly. It was the Revive being applied first. I Did half the hood with it and half without, and you could see the difference for sure. I am not sure why it made such a difference, but it did. It picked me up 2 more cars to detail just by other workers seeing what it did to my work truck.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:13 PM
nice, where did you purchase these products?

Old 03-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Suspended
I have never heard of those products before ..

Old 03-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Chemical Guys website.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Use what works for ya!

Old 03-22-2008, 11:04 AM
esf
A lot of their products look very familiar to Adam's Polishes as far as their names anyway. Even the way some of their products look. The butter wax, revive polish, brillian shine...

I wonder if there is some repackaging going on.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Adams and Chem guys are the "same" stuff.

I could tell you more but I would have to kill ya.

Truth, there is lots of similar and same stuff, and more to the story.

Cheers

Old 03-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Chemical Guys will send you their stuff with your choice of labels on it. Now what it takes for them to do that, I haven't a clue. If you ever get a chance to try some of the revive, you won't be dissapointed. Whatever kind of vehicle new or old, gets a coat of it first before anything else. It makes the surface so slick that waxes or sealants just seem to go on and come off so much easier, and look better too. If they will sell me a 5 gallon drum of it, I can have it all sold in a few weeks easily. It is also dummy proof , and that's what I like about it the most.

Quick Reply: My paint sealant experience