Black Wow: Anybody Here Ever Use It???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Wow: Anybody Here Ever Use It???

Hey gang,

I'm getting ready to place another order on Autodetailingsolutions.com (shocker for me! ) Anyway, I saw a product called Black Wow for trim pieces. They have a link to a Youtube clip about it. It looks good, but I was wondering if anyone here has used it before or not? Is there a better product that I should be looking for?? I just want to stay on top of the bed rails and other trim pieces that tend to fade fast. Thanks and hope to see some posts reviewing this product or suggesting a better one!

Old 03-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is discussed in this thread a little...

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ight=black+WOW

There is something called Trim Restore, that's what I used and it works pretty well, haven't really done much more than test it so far though...

- NCSU

Old 03-25-2008, 08:13 AM
i just used the showroom new trim restorer on my wiper cowl. it worked pretty well, but there is definately streaking/blotchyness where i applied it. i think it was ticman who had a photo of it on his rear bumper and it was completely pitch black. mine didn't turn out that way, but it still looks better than it did. i think my results were the reult of a) the method of application (i used a foam brush per ticman's post) or b) my wiper cowl had faded unevenly so the lighter areas still look lighter and the darker areas took the dye better. any tips?

Old 03-25-2008, 02:42 PM
My bed rails have some bad spots on them, I tried PB trim restore, Adams VRT and Black Wow. None of these have helped. My next is the showroom new restore. If that don't work, new bed rails will be next. I was not overly impressed with the Black Wow, since all of the testimonials raved. Just a note, PB has petroleum distillates, and Wow has silicone. I believe these chemicals are not good for plastics and vinyl. VRT is water based and runs.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Black Wow, yes, it is great.
Poorboys, yes, its too is great.

Are they miracle workers? No but close.

Are they good products? Absolutely, when used properly.

If your trim is already faded badly from the Sun, your only hope is to either use the Showroom Trim product or replace the trim.

If you take care of your trim from Day 1, Black Wow works well.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:23 PM
I thought hyperdressing was the cats meow

Old 03-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by cufootn
I thought hyperdressing was the cats meow
It is.

BlackWow, does last a long time. You can hyperdress right over it once you have applied it properly. (Key word, properly)

Quick Reply: Black Wow: Anybody Here Ever Use It???