Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To clean your LARIAT leather, I'd recommend going with a good two step procedure.

1. Clean the 'bulk' crud off. This can be done using a warm wash cloth and, if you're so inclined, Johnson & Johnson baby wash. Be sure to adequately 'rinse' the leather with another clean, moist wash cloth.

2. Deep clean. Using a product that is designed for cleaning leather (like Meguiar's Rich Leather Cleaner (part of a 2 step process from Meg's)), follow the directions and gently lather the leather to remove deep grime. This will allow the 'clear coating' that was previously mentioned to shed the body grime and such that is deep in the pores of the coating. Further, this will adequately open the pores so that the conditioner can better penetrate the coating. Mind you, this 'coating' is very porous -- it has to be to keep it pliable and such.

3. Condition. Using a product that is designed for leather conditioning, apply the product to your hand. Using a 'massaging motion', work the conditioner into the leather. Allow some excess to exist on the surface of the leather until you're done. At the end, using a clean soft dry cloth, lightly buff (lightly is the key word) off the excess.

The heat from the warm cloth in steps 1 & 2 will help open the pores to better complete the process.

The products that I'd highly recommend for LARIAT leather are:
1. Clean:
Meguiar's Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner
2. Condition:
Meguiar's Rich Leather Aloe Conditioner

Old 03-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks Gators!

Old 03-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Yep I also use the Meg's Aloe Cleaner but i use Poorboys or Chemical Guys leather conditioner.

You can use a stiff bristle brush design for the interior to use with the aloe cleaner it works really well at remove the dirt from the nooks ands crannies then wipe clean with a MF and then i use a MF sponger to apply the conditioner then buff after about 1 hour with a MF towel

Quick Reply: Leather Interior