Wax Application

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
Oh yeah-- I typically apply by hand. Why? I think it makes me look good without a shirt on in the driveway flexing my abs and workin' the wax in with my arms. A bit vain? You bet. But on more than one (or two or three...) occasions I have had some pretty HOT chicks giving me the look and a few come talk to me...

But, all that aside, I would have to get the DA out, plug it in, get a pad out, put it on, THEN start work... Nah. I will stick to Applicator pads. (Granted, at the ripe old age of 18, this still isnt a big deal. You old farts may think differently...)

...One last note, it is a good arm workout to apply by hand...
With all that BS being said, all your missing is a REAL TRUCK! I mean your truck is cute, but far from being an old farts truck bud!!
PS. I apply with an applicator pad and remove with a quality microfiber cloth.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Oh yeah-- I typically apply by hand. Why? I think it makes me look good without a shirt on in the driveway flexing my abs and workin' the wax in with my arms. A bit vain? You bet. But on more than one (or two or three...) occasions I have had some pretty HOT chicks giving me the look and a few come talk to me...

But, all that aside, I would have to get the DA out, plug it in, get a pad out, put it on, THEN start work... Nah. I will stick to Applicator pads. (Granted, at the ripe old age of 18, this still isnt a big deal. You old farts may think differently...)

That's the ticket! Now if I could only find a Microfiber shirt I could apply to the hood as my gut buffs clean the fender!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by johnny1313
With all that BS being said, all your missing is a REAL TRUCK! I mean your truck is cute, but far from being an old farts truck bud!!
PS. I apply with an applicator pad and remove with a quality microfiber cloth.
... That was suppposed to be a joke, man. (I cant tell if you are serious or sarcastic...)

In all seriousness, though, I do use an applicator pad. The motives are laziness (I just threw in the part about flexing abs and working out to be funny, although it does get the attention of the ladies of the neighborhood...) and no wasted product. App pads dont seem to drink the products as much as DA pads do, probably due to size...

BTW-- I like Jolly Green's idea for if I ever get fat...

Old 03-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
That's the ticket! Now if I could only find a Microfiber shirt I could apply to the hood as my gut buffs clean the fender!

You know you just might be on to something there!!! Another form of multitasking, just think how much time some of us could save.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:14 AM

They are looking at you b.c you weigh 110 lbs. Eat a burger for the sake of all that is holy.

To the OP, LSP, depends on product....most of what I use is hand on hand off.

Lots of jokes can be taken from that....oh well.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
They are looking at you b.c you weigh 110 lbs. Eat a burger for the sake of all that is holy.
Hey now, I weigh 150...

And I eat 2 full dinners every day (In addition to breakfast, lunch, and a 2:30 snack...)

I am trying to get to about 170 with around 4% body fat...

ANYWAY, back OT...

I will confess that I really liked using EX-P by machine (although it was REALLY hard to figure out where I had already done...). Wait, JP, was that the one we used? I think it was that or polish with Sealant... In any case, I liked it...

Quick Reply: Wax Application