Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
I'm having a tough time believing this.

Three bills for "... pretty good work?"

Doubt it.... highly.

Well, put it this way:

You pay $3, then drive onto the automatic roller thing (I hate those-- they freak me out...you could pop a tire!!! That's not cheap!) and let it do it's business. While all sorts of fun colors are going all over, microfiber strips dance all around the car, followed by a nice symphony of water jets which remove the soap and such. When you energe, you will note that one of the chemicals sprayed up was a wheel/tire shine (those come out REAL nice). Another (this one on the paint) will have coated your truck in a spray-type wax. This wax has a surprising amount of pop for what it is (comparable to Step 3 of the DC system)-- deep and wet looking. Then, you may note that your plastics are conditioned (probably the same crap as can be found on the tires)... From there, you drive to a free self-vaccuum station set (about 8 vaccuums) if you please to remove the inside crap.

For another $2, you can get the undercarriage sprayed and have rain-x applied. For yet $2 more, you get some BS addons

I will try to run by there to take a pic or two... Again, as much as I have auto washes, they do a pretty darn good job for $3. Heck, they could get away with charging $5 or so... but at $3, its so easy for a LOT of people to get it done. This is why every day they have a constant stream of cars, then after the 8-5 workday, there is a line extending off their 100 yd lineup on to the main drag of Saginaw...Unless it's raining of course...

Quick Reply: Car Wash Suggestions