eagle one

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by f-150sport03
that one-- a few posts up...
Sorry there, sporty. I missed it...

I know this is a generic answer but - I keep them as long as I think they're doing their job and not horribly nasty.

The trick that I found to keeping them half-way reusable (like probably 10 or so rounds) is to take a shop towel (don't use a decent MF -- again, do not use a MF towel for this task - I use shop paper towels) and fold it into quarters. Once it's layered into quarters, I press the swipe on the towel causing the excess that is in the spongy material to be expelled. I do this a few times on different sides of the paper towel (and maybe even a new paper towel) and then plop it into a Wal-Mart bag (just to avoid it messing up on something else as they do get grungy).

I'm getting 10 to 30 uses out of one, I'd guess (10 rounds x 4 wheels = 40 wheels)...

Old 03-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
Sorry there, sporty. I missed it...

I know this is a generic answer but - I keep them as long as I think they're doing their job and not horribly nasty.

The trick that I found to keeping them half-way reusable (like probably 10 or so rounds) is to take a shop towel (don't use a decent MF -- again, do not use a MF towel for this task - I use shop paper towels) and fold it into quarters. Once it's layered into quarters, I press the swipe on the towel causing the excess that is in the spongy material to be expelled. I do this a few times on different sides of the paper towel (and maybe even a new paper towel) and then plop it into a Wal-Mart bag (just to avoid it messing up on something else as they do get grungy).

I'm getting 10 to 30 uses out of one, I'd guess (10 rounds x 4 wheels = 40 wheels)...
No problem-- easy to miss in a long post...

Anyway, I guess I should replace them sometime... but stingy me prolly wont until they fall apart: They still work fine... However, had I had whitewalls, I KNOW I could not get away with this (When I press down on them, gray-colored gel comes out...EEEWWW!!!)

BTW-note to all-- I will be gone from Mon to Fri, so dont be surprised that I will dissapear again...

Old 03-30-2008, 10:53 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
Try washing them with Dawn.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by glc
Try washing them with Dawn.
I've tried washing a few sets... each time that I've done it (with Dawn included) the black and yellow foam always seem to discombobulate from eachother...

Old 03-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by f-150sport03
BTW-note to all-- I will be gone from Mon to Fri, so dont be surprised that I will dissapear again...
Be careful, man. We'll be putting along here...

Quick Reply: eagle one