Black Hole

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so After i finish with 80, i was going to do #7 (on my black truck)... but could i just do 80, then Black Hole, then follow up with my lsp?

Old 04-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarman502
so After i finish with 80, i was going to do #7 (on my black truck)... but could i just do 80, then Black Hole, then follow up with my lsp?
Careful of your word choice. Finish and Megs #80 are not usually not used in that way...I know what you mean but lets stick to product intention.

Megs #80 is for paint correction....not finish. Finish products are usually Glazes or Sealers....Megs #7 is a pure glaze, you can absolutely sub Black Hole or White Diamond for that step pending color...then LSP.

Not bagging on your post but it may confuse others.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:17 AM
I would think so.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
yeah that is probably a pretty good comparison....however, I would say that White Diamond is more like a cross between ClearKote Vanilla Hand Mouse, #9 and Menzerna Micro Polish all in one.

For Black Hole, I would say it is more like a cross of PB QW+ and PB PP.
Now that is the type of info I was waiting for on the White Diamond... Thanks RR!

Old 04-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Powercat
Now that is the type of info I was waiting for on the White Diamond... Thanks RR!
I would like to change what I think Black Hole is compared to....

First off, its pretty thick like a polish...so that being said, I would say it is a good blend of ProPolish, with th concealing properties of QW+...I also think the color is deeper so add some Red Nattys in the mix.

while using PB BH, I noticed that there was some oily film left behind...so you have to pay attention those areas before you seal or LSP. It took a little elbow grease to get it off. Makes me wonder if that was something in the secret sauce.

BTW Powercat, I used White Diamond on a White Lake VC pad right after using PB SSR1 on a Green Lake. That is how thick that stuff is. I also believe that you will get different results using a finish pad. All three of my finish pads were soaking in Murphys by that time plus I needed to step down the SSR1 so I did an experiment and it happen to work.

Last edited by RollingRock; 04-07-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the words of caution, mine should be getting here around Wednesday. I think I am going to go at it by hand first, then machine a bit later (reason being time constraints right now).

Old 04-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
BTW Powercat, I used White Diamond on a White Lake VC pad right after using PB SSR1 on a Green Lake. That is how thick that stuff is. I also believe that you will get different results using a finish pad. All three of my finish pads were soaking in Murphys by that time plus I needed to step down the SSR1 so I did an experiment and it happen to work.
Thanks again RR for the info! I only have Megs pads right now with G100 DA. What would be the equivilant?

Old 04-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Powercat
Thanks again RR for the info! I only have Megs pads right now with G100 DA. What would be the equivilant?
I would just use your finishing pad which ever megs pad that is, however, PB WD and PB BH both have "cleaners" in them so that is why i felt comfortable using a polishing pad on white. If you are using PB WD as a glaze, use the finishing pad for sure.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Thumbs up

Mine arrived today. Probably won't have time to try it on the car at all until maybe Friday when I can wash it (started school again this week, I miss spring break!!!). I did try it on the top of my black toolbox by hand, and boy does that baby glow now! If it works anything close to that good on the car, it will be a definite must-have!

Great product!

Old 04-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by roushstage2
Mine arrived today. Probably won't have time to try it on the car at all until maybe Friday when I can wash it (started school again this week, I miss spring break!!!). I did try it on the top of my black toolbox by hand, and boy does that baby glow now! If it works anything close to that good on the car, it will be a definite must-have!

Great product!

I hate you ... I hate this website ... I trust your opinion so I went on Poorboy's website just to look around. I ended up putting the Black Hole in the cart. I ended up spending $100.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I hate you ... I hate this website ... I trust your opinion so I went on Poorboy's website just to look around. I ended up putting the Black Hole in the cart. I ended up spending $100.
You know you wanted to get it anyways, don't be such a whiner about it! Black Hole was only a part of that, the rest is on you...

Old 04-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
+1 I am gathering a rather large stock of detailing products! And not that it is a bad thing, but I can offically say if I did not have the O.C.D. Bug before this forum, I definately do now! Oh well I guess it could be worse! I can't wait for my PB's products to arrive!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Suspended
Well now I can't wait. I hope their clay is good. I ordered the tub.

PS: Roush check your PMs.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 04-10-2008 at 09:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Black Hole