Need to remove ugly scratches...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to remove ugly scratches...

Ok guys.. i took my scouts out this weekend, and had to run thru about 3 miles of very un-improved dirt trails. I have several really nice scratches up and down both sides of the truck. I could hear the fingernails on a chalkboard scrapping the whole time, cringing. What is the best way to get them out? They aren't really deep. I remember trying rubbing compound before on another vehicle. Anyone have any name brand i should check out? Any tips?

Thanks!
Wayne

Old 03-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by LUKE_DUKE
What is the best way to get them out?
Open the doors... if they can't figure it out after that, they should not be scouts.

From what I've read here, I'd try Scratch-X. I've used it on my black car and saw a slight difference but I don't think I was using it correctly. You could also consider taking it to a _good_ detail shop. I've heard that a machine really should be used with S-X as it applies much better and even pressure.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Oh, i just roll the windows down, most of the time i don't even slow down!! It's survival of the fittest when they ride with me...

Old 03-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Suspended
If you can feel the scratches with your finger nail, the general rule is you're going to not be able to get them out. Paint is going to be needed. Otherwise pick up a tube of Meguiars Scratch-X and use it on the affected areas.

Quick Reply: Need to remove ugly scratches...