2004 Black Nissan Sentra - Complete - Lots of Pics - 56k Warning

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good. I love that hood shot in the garage. I have a question? My mom just bought a black edge and I can see that the way its taken care of, its going to have some swirls before too soon. I am ordering a DA soon, which products do you suggest I use to work with black paint getting as many imperfections and swirls out as possible. You can just shoot me a pm.

Thanks,

jrbhc8

Old 04-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Suspended
Rock, what was your take on the #86? you deleted the before pics, jerk Haha. What is this goodyear spray nozzle you speak of, that apparently is a must?

Old 04-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I fixed the links on the pics... they weren't deleted but, I did move them around in folders (thus killing the links).

The Goodyear Hose Nozzle that I speak of is -

Channel-Lock pliers for scale (hahaha)...

I like this nozzle *WITH THE FOAM GUN*. The Gilmour nozzle that came with my gun was lousy at best. It felt cheap and I was scared I was going to break it. I picked up this 'Goodyear' one (made by the Nelson people, I think) at Home Depot for $10. It's labeled as an 'industrial' one for 'hot water' use.

I really wish I could figure out a way to make the foam gun work with my Ultimate Hose Nozzle... no way it can though.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by jrbhc8
Looking good. I love that hood shot in the garage. I have a question? My mom just bought a black edge and I can see that the way its taken care of, its going to have some swirls before too soon. I am ordering a DA soon, which products do you suggest I use to work with black paint getting as many imperfections and swirls out as possible. You can just shoot me a pm.

Thanks,

jrbhc8
If they're light, a simple polish like Poorboy's SSR2 or Meguiar's #80 with a polishing pad would work just fine. There are *lots* of posts around here that deal with swirl removal and such. With a PC, it's cake...

-RP-

Old 04-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Suspended
i will have to journey to my 30 minute away home improvement store to take a look at one, bc I too feel like the nozzle is a piece of foreign crap. What about the #86, gonna write a review perhaps or is it on the other site?

Old 04-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Moderator &

I'm not comfortable writing a review on the #86 just yet...

I've really only used it in very specific instances to this point and still don't feel like I 'know' the product. I liked it but, it was still a tad finicky. Plus, I haven't found the right opportunity to use the heavy cut wool pad with it.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:11 PM
All in all I would say very impressive.

No real need to say more than that, other than WOW.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Moderator &

Ehh... it turned out okay. I keep getting down on it because it left here with some problems that I could've corrected with more time (and a tad more $ wouldn't have hurt either). All in all, the owner got a *very* good deal... did I mention **VERY** good deal?

But, in turn, I got to test out a few combos and a few new and tester products... so, I guess it's all good.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Suspended
good job brad. on a side note, i really hate all the trolls that seem to frequent this site more and more (test drove 08 tundra 04+ section)

Old 04-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by gators241987
good job brad. on a side note, i really hate all the trolls that seem to frequent this site more and more (test drove 08 tundra 04+ section)
As always, feel free to PM me with problems that you note anywhere on the site.... this is true for anyone... well, anyone except RollingRock.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
As always, feel free to PM me with problems that you note anywhere on the site.... this is true for anyone... well, anyone except RollingRock.
Brad is en feugo tonight fellas.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by RollingRock
Brad is en feugo tonight fellas.

You must be a tad too far north in Texas... fire is Fuego. Unless your Spanish literary skills far outweigh mine (this is a very good possibility -- I know the words chalupa and baņo and they were force-learned at the same point in time after a sit down dinner at my local Taco Bell).

Maybe feugo is slang and he just called me a female salsa-eating chimpanzee or something?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Suspended
You must be a tad too far north in Texas... fire is Fuego. Unless your Spanish literary skills far outweigh mine (this is a very good possibility -- I know the words chalupa and baņo and they were force-learned at the same point in time after a sit down dinner at my local Taco Bell).

Maybe feugo is slang and he just called me a female salsa-eating chimpanzee or something?
Im pretty sure he was trying to say Brad was on fire tonite. In reference to you "dissin" him in previous posts. I believe its sarcasm, either that or this corona is beggining to affect me.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by gators241987
Im pretty sure he was trying to say Brad was on fire tonite. In reference to you "dissin" him in previous posts. I believe its sarcasm, either that or this corona is beggining to affect me.

Yeah... roger that. I was being sarcastic with my last post too.

RR and I jab at eachother all the time -- we both know it's all in good spirits... You know, it's all fun and games until someone drops their clay on the ground...

... if I'm around RollingRock and I drop clay on the ground, it stays. Kind of the ole' soap in the public shower paradigm; if you know what I'm saying.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Suspended
Yeah... roger that. I was being sarcastic with my last post too.

RR and I jab at eachother all the time -- we both know it's all in good spirits... You know, it's all fun and games until someone drops their clay on the ground...

... if I'm around RollingRock and I drop clay on the ground, it stays. Kind of the ole' soap in the public shower paradigm; if you know what I'm saying.
Its no fun making fun of RR, i mean we should atleast ship him some free samples of Rogain.

Quick Reply: 2004 Black Nissan Sentra - Complete - Lots of Pics - 56k Warning