Look what I found

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look what I found

About a year ago my Dad went through a detailing phase. He bought some tools and other stuff, some of which I found last week. The sad part it only lasted about a month.

I knew about the yellow one already, but found the other two today. Any tips about using them or some good products or pads?

When I try them out I'll use them on the jag in the back. It's mom's so who cares

Old 04-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What you have there is an 'old school' orbital (yellow), a newer rotary-type tool (the one with the fluffy pad) and an 'old school' dual-action (the Wen).

As for pads, hard call...

The rotary, pending it has a standard shaft, can be utilized pretty quick and easy... as for the other two, not sure. What size pad is on that WEN?

Old 04-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
What size pad is on that WEN?
10"

I found a pic of the Jag he was "for the month" into detailing.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice Jag... that WEN machine really sounds familar to me for some reason. Not sure why...

WEN makes metal polishes... I wonder if that thing was touted as a metal polishing machine? Boss -- any insight on this thing?

If the Rotary's shaft is 3/8, you're golden to simply buy a backing plate, pads, and you're roaring...

Remember though, a rotary is a totally different beast... you can severely thrash paint with a rotary in a jiffy -- granted, it's difficult to screw up paint but, with something with more power, it becomes much less forgiving versus a DA or similar....

Old 04-06-2008, 10:47 PM
never seen that brand of rotary....if you are thinking of using it two things....#1 it needs to be variable speed both trigger and max speed settings, #2 get rid of the wool and go with only foam pads until you have some time under your belt using it....good luck

Quick Reply: Look what I found