Zymol?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to go along with it possibly voiding a contract to not resell the wax, How does anyone know what they are getting is the zymol vintage? I mean honestly, how many people out there have used it? can you tell the difference between that and a normal carnuaba wax?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:16 AM
I think the OP should go to youtube.com and type in "zymol Vintage" for a search.

After a few min, you will see that there are many videos regarding it. Draw your own conclusions.

IMPO, I think there are other great choices out there at a fraction of the cost.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Suspended
Jason, ive seen the video. I have talked to people that have used it. I merely think that the auction on ebay is funny for a few reasons.

A. How does the normal person know what zymol should look/smell/perform like, meaning how to we know what we get is authentic?

B. Whould Zymol let someone resell the wax constantly and keep getting a refill, therefore spending $2k up front, but in turn, end up makind more than that by selling off the product, and still have some for personal use?

C. The seller now mentions me on his ebay auction, which I find funny because I simply asked the same questions about reselling that im pointing out here. Im waiting to here from a Zymol rep about the matter, because if its perfectly ok to resell it, I will do it.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I see a whole line of Zymol products in Target. They are packged in pretty jars and run about $13 for wax, leather care, etc. I assume this is not the same product you guys are talking about.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I can't see paying in $2000 for future refills. The way my luck goes, I would send in my $2000 and the next day, they would declare bancruptcy.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Read some from a person before that might shed a little light.

You have to ship the original container back to get it refilled.

They take their sweet time in refilling it.

You have to pay for shipping both ways.

They hold no resposibility for shipping so you are forced to insure it for $2k every time it's shipped.

IMHO the results from it is very very similar to Nattys and Meg's #16.

If I could get a cut rate batch that would be refillable from ebay, I'd do it. But it'd HAVE to be refillable.

That auction very clearly states. "YOU WILL NOT GET THE CONTAINER THAT IS SHOWN IN THE PICTURE BUT WILL GET A 4-Oz JAR TO SAMPLE "

Rip Off

Last edited by Jolly_Green_Giant; 04-08-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
If this product comes with free refills for life, why haven't we all pitched in together and bought one container of it?

Think about it, 10 or so of us could split the initial cost and all have a nice carnuba for our personal use. Free refills for us, and 1/10th the initial investment.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Tornadom
If this product comes with free refills for life, why haven't we all pitched in together and bought one container of it?

Think about it, 10 or so of us could split the initial cost and all have a nice carnuba for our personal use. Free refills for us, and 1/10th the initial investment.
I personally don't think it's worth the investment, nor the trouble when you can spend less on other products. Lifetime refillable? Do you know how far you can make a can of wax go?

Lets say you are doing your own truck and you have 1 can of Megs#16 for example. I would say for the time that you own that truck you won't need the entire tin of wax. (Pending you store the product correct and take care of it)

Old 04-08-2008, 12:18 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
I'm going to put this in perspective. I am not OCD. I use NXT. A bottle costs 15 bucks. It lasts me a year. I'm not going to live 133 years.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:34 PM
When looking at this, you have to realize the target audience that zymol wants to hit. It isnt us, it is for die hard professionals that charge out the @ss for high end details, some with exotic cars worth 5 times what our truck is worth...and so they give them the best money can buy, and in turn charge for it. If you were working on these cars, 20,000 would be manageable because you could make that up really quick and have your wax cost covered for as long as you are detailing cars.

And as for the Zymol you see in target and walmart, that is not this zymol...that stuff is actually made by Turtle Wax...their leather stuff and cleaner wax i hear are marginal at best

Old 04-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Hahaha, true. I have had the same wax for 2 years now, although I am finally running out.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Suspended
I have a buddy who has this wax and in all honesty it's not much if any better than the basic stuff most of us already own.

It's definitely not worth the money.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:09 PM
If you are that guy (Paul I think his name is) who details for movie stars and the super-rich, you can justify it (and he does). Why? He gets $5k for a detail, so using the best is a no-brainer. Plus, he is doing at least one car a day, so doing that only makes sense. think about it. If you used #16 EVERY day, you would need more than a few tins to complete your lifetime... Now, getting charged for shipping is only fair, and insuring it... I would anyway...

But selling it... I can see how this would be useful... if you and 20 friends wanted to split it.

What I wonder is if you could pass it on to your kids? What if I sell the container to a friend?

Basically, I am sure there are ways to make it profitable, and I if I can find enough people to make this less than a $100 investment, I MIGHT go for it... But I would have to be the keeper of the jar...

In the end, unles you are super rich or detail daily on high end cars, not worth it IMO.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I have a buddy who has this wax and in all honesty it's not much if any better than the basic stuff most of us already own.

It's definitely not worth the money.
Where does he live? Is he the one with the red F-150? I remember seeing some pics of it on a f150...

Also, depending on how much it would cost me, I may be interested in paying for a sample of it... but only if he is willing to do it pretty cheap. (Because I am pretty confident that JP will let me sample #16 for a good price...)

Old 04-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Suspended
Nope, the guy I know who owns it owns an airport here in Florida and has a TON of exotics.

Quick Reply: Zymol?